Chapter 5.

▪︎ Isabelle's Pov

The weather turned out greater than expected today. It was a cool day for a family outing at the beach.

The waves hit my legs as I sat close to the water.

"It's a beautiful day today, huh?" Amelia says taking a seat on the sand next to me.

"Indeed, it is." I say looking up at the crystal blue sky.

My mom and dad were up on the sand laying down on a blanket. This was the only time they'd get a break so they needed it. They looked so happy, it was almost surreal. Seeing my parents happy always made me happy.

"Stop daydreaming about god knows what!" Amelia screams, splashing water all over my face.

"Oh, you're so dead!" I scream, splashing her back.

We continued to have a water fight for about 20 minutes. Best 20 minutes of my life.

"Haha, I got you good." I say laughing.

"You wish." she says laughing back.

We look at each other and laugh even harder.

"We need to do this more often." she says in a serious way.

"We really do." I say smiling.

"Wanna take an actual swim?" she says with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, sure." I say... "But only if you beat me to it." I laugh as I run into the water.

She runs after me as I run further in. Soon, she catches me and we both fall wetting our bathing suits fully.

"Ha, gotcha!" she says as she tries to run away from me.

"Come here you fool." I say running to catch her.

She takes a halt while running and I come clashing into her making us both topple into the water again.

"Ameliaaa!" I say laughing.

"Whoops, sorry big sis." she says sarcastically.

I knew she did that on purpose. But you know, I love my sister and we have so much fun annoying each other. That just defines our relationship perfectly.

After a long swim, we both walk to our parents and sit down for something to eat.

"There's sandwiches in the lunch box honey." my mom says smiling already knowing what we came for.

"Yes I want sandwiches, I'm starving!" Amelia says bringing out the lunch box. I swear, this girl acts like she's 3 years old sometimes.

After we eat our sandwiches, we lay ourselves down on another blanket.

"Do you girls want anything else? Ice cream?" my dad asks with a smile on his face. He knew Meli and I loved ice cream.

"Yes duh!" I say screaming out loud.

"What flavors do you guys want?" he asks before walking away.

"I'll have the caramel dip please." I say. I absolutely love caramel ice cream.

"I want the strawberry." Amelia says. "Pleaseee."

"Anything for my girls. How about you momma?" he says smirking.

"I'll have the chocolate, please." she says smiling widely.

"Anything for the love of my life." he says winking at us. He walks away quickly before Meli and I could open our mouths.

"Gosh, dad." Meli says shaking her head.

The three of us laugh so hard.

After we ate our ice cream, we packed our stuff and went for a drive around the area.

"Did you enjoy yourselves today girls?" my dad asks with a wide smile revealing his perfect set of teeth.

"Yes we did, why?" I ask with a questioned look on my face.

"No, I'm just asking. You know your mom and I are really trying to spend time with you girls." my dad says looking serious.

"Yes I know. I think you guys really needed this break today." I say.

"We sure did." my dad states.

After our slow drive, we went home and our day pretty much ended with us making chocolate muffins. Ice cream first and now muffins! Yum!

■ Authors Note ■

What do you guys think about this chapter? I know it's short but eh. Keep reading ;)

Lots of love.

Please vote, comment and share.

-D.