27--

This chapter is dedicated to Girlwithnojob322  and MaryamAbdullahM  for their support..I love you guys and to all other VEILED readers,thank you for coming this far❤❤

-- ARLO'S POV --

I've missed her so much, it's been a week but I haven't heard from her. I missed her smile, her voice, her eyes, her crappy cooking, her breakfasts in bed, her nagging-- I missed everything about her.

A year ago, I would not worry about how my daily routine went but now I've fallen so deep that she has become part of my daily routine. Her way of life has become my schedule, it was like I couldn't even breath without her, these past few days were torture itself.

I remember the time we had our first kiss, the previous week, I had seen my parents making out in the kitchen so I told myself I was going to try it out and who else was the perfect candidate other than the most beautiful and smartest girl in my class back then. Niana was so smart that the school promoted her a grade forward. The reason why we are in same grade again was because after her mom died, she was in so much trauma that she had to stay at home for a year.

Her lips was so soft back then and still is, I didn't want her to get any ideas so I told her it didn't mean anything. Back then I found her annoying even though she was my first love but only God knows what I would do without her.

I was currently lying on our bed, I missed holding close to me. I stared at our wedding photo frame that sat on our bedside table. I specially had this photo framed and put in our room because of her. In the picture, I wrapped my hands around her waist with a smile while she glared at me with a frown.

Typical Niana.

I got a notification so I quickly grabbed my phone to check of it was her but it was just Riele.

RIELE:
Arlo, are yo still up for tutoring me for biology and chemistry?

I sighed before sending a reply that I know I have no choice in.

ARLO:
Yh, I'll come to your place by 5, if that's okay with you.

RIELE:
👌

I dropped my phone on my bed before turning to face the photo frame again. I was quite angry that Niana hurt Riele just because of jealousy because even if Riele still has feelings for me, she is still one of my close friends.

I had to assist Riele in everything till her hand recovers. That's why I haven't had the chance to speak with Niana and I'm sure she wouldn't pick my calls or reply my texts.

Ethan and Sydney haven't spoken to me too so I'm left with no choice but to fully hang out with Riele. Just then the doorbell rang making me spring to my feet.

She finally came back home.

"Hey."

My smile dropped, it wasn't my Nini.

"Oh Riele, what's up?" I scratched the back of my neck, contemplating whether to let her in or not.

I was so tired for any talks right now and wanted to be alone but knowing Riele, she wouldn't let it be and will surely come in anyways so I stepped aside.

"I'm good, I'm sure you haven't had breakfast." She said walking past me with a bag in her hand.

"Errr, I was going to arrange something or go to the subway to get something."

If only Nini was here, she would fill me with both food and love.

"No need, I brought you something." She chuckled opening the bag which contained some set of food flask.

"Oh."

"I know how much you love chicken nuggets and spicy drumsticks, so i made lots of it."

Even if it reminded me more of Niana, still I sat down to eat the food. Niana was so bad at making Chicken nuggets and spicy drumsticks back then but now she's a pro at it.

"How's your hand?"

"It's getting better and I'm glad to have you assisting me." She smiled touching my hand making me withdraw it.

"Does it still hurt a lot?" I asked.

"Not so much but it still does." She poured. "Niana really hurt me."

"I'm sorry on her behalf." I quickly say. "She may be a little immature but trust me, she would not intentionally hurt anyone."

"She intentionally hurt me for something that later got cancelled." She frowned.

"I'm really sorry Riele." I sigh rubbing my eyes.

The tiredness was getting to me and I really needed to do something about it. Maybe try talking to Niana because it would make every fatigue disappear completely.

"My Dad was so furious, he had to cancel the dinner to get me properly checked at the hospital." She said again making me groan.

Yes, the dinner got cancelled after Riele's dad found out that his daughter's hand got injured by none other than my very own bride. He even went as far as taking her to the hospital for check up. The family is so dramatic.

"Riele." I groan. "What do you want me to tell you? I said sorry and I know Nini."

"Oh yeah? What do you know about her?"

"That she isn't a bad person, she's the nicest person I've ever known." I say trying to keep my voice at base. "Now I'm really starting to think she wasn't the one who hurt you."

"What do you even see in her? I  thought I was the only girl you once saw."

Not this talk again, I thought we were done with it. How many times do I have to tell her that I'm married now and now with my first love who I wouldn't leave for anything or anybody, not even my family.

"Key word-- once saw. Niana is the girl I love now." I say before getting up.  "You know what? I've lost my appetite."

"Arlo?"

"Lock the door on your way out."

I went into my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I need to see Niana as soon as possible or I might as well go crazy.