Introduction

✝  The Grand Tèlos Chimes  ✝

The Grand Tèlos Chimes

"He rises as they fall..."
~ L. Horloge ~

✝✝✝

DING DONG! It chimed loudly.

In the midst of the frigid and serene night, in a realm painted with gray skies and pristine white snow, the majestic Tèlos, an ancient clock tower adorned with dark and shimmering silver marble, chimed.

The Tèlos is not your ordinary clock tower. It is a harbinger of endings, closures, and finales. Have you ever heard of the Black Plague? The nuclear war of the 1960s? Or perhaps the near nuclear Armageddon in 1983? Or maybe the recent coronavirus pandemic that nearly brought life to its knees, claiming the lives of billions in 2020. If you have, then you can fathom the gravity of this clock's toll.
For over a millennium, the grand Tèlos remained silent. But now, as its resonating chimes echoed across the land, it sent shivers down the spines of every being and creature. It not only signaled a potential end, but also the awakening of something else...
Perched atop a lofty hill, within a dilapidated and forsaken manor, rested a colossal metal casket secured with silver bolts and chains. Suddenly, it began to tremble and quake, as if the entity trapped within yearned for liberation. And indeed, it did.

"Aahhhh!" A ghastly scream erupted, reverberating from within the casket as its seal abruptly burst open, resembling a tempest breaking free. The enigmatic and captive being had finally emerged from its prolonged slumber. Its confinement. Its prison. They were now unshackled...

Silently, as the mist surrounding the vicinity dissipated and the shattered remnants of metal and silver cascaded to the ground, the entity rose. Despite its coat being tarnished with dust and grime, it exuded an air of elegance and sleekness. Moonlight seeped through the cracks in the walls, illuminating its shimmering hair.
"♆⛧ລអ☆..." The mysterious figure whispered a name as they gradually emerged from the shadows.

Stepping foot outside the manor at last, their long ebony locks swayed with the gentle, chilly breeze, while their lifeless crimson eyes surveyed the transformed world...

At that exact moment, In a dimly lit room adorned with elegant furniture and shelves filled with books, a man with robust features and striking silver hair carefully perused the worn-out parchment. His bright golden eyes moved slowly across the pages, deciphering the cryptic words that only he could comprehend. However, his focus was abruptly interrupted when the resounding chimes of the grand Tèlos reached his ears. Intrigued, he turned his attention to the stained glass window, which cast a kaleidoscope of colors under the moonlight. To his astonishment, the once-dull sky began to transform, painting the heavens with vibrant hues. Gripping the parchment tightly, the man whispered, his gaze fixed on the mesmerizing green glow above, "It is time..."