Chapter 8: The Twilight Date (Part 1)

"Clemont, I need your help!" Ash asked loudly as he ran across the hallway to the gym leader's office only for him to stop dead in his tracks. Once he opened the door, the young Monarch saw two gym leaders sharing a meal together on a table complete with candles. He blinked a couple of times to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

'Clemont and Korrina?' He thought with astonishment.

Clemont cleared his throat before speaking. "Hey Ash, maybe next time you can knock?"

"Oh sorry about that." Ash scratched his head aimlessly.

"Nah it's ok Ash, so...what do you need my help for?"

"I just needed some advice for first date stuff." Ash confessed, hoping that Clemont had some good information about the whole dating process, but before Clemont could get a word out, Ash heard a small giggle coming from the roller-skater girl sitting across the table.

"Pffft...you're asking Clemont for dating advice?" Korrina gushed trying to suppress her laughter. The whole story behind their relationship started when Bonnie became a full-on matchmaker two years ago. Bonnie was the one who pushed Clemont to actually confess to her.

"Hey!" Clemont complained.

"What? It's true because it took you months to actually have the nerve to hold my hand." Korrina huffed playfully.

"I-I just wasn't sure if you were comfortable with it." He defended trying to save his pride. The two Kalos gym leaders ended up in a tiny playful banter and Ash just awkwardly walked backwards to get out of whatever he was watching. He closed the door gently and whistled.

"Wow." Was the only thing he could say after that display. He was probably going to ask Bonnie about Clemont's relationship with Korrina the next time he saw her but for now, the amber-eyed champion decided it was best for him to start sleeping soon if he wanted any energy for his first date. He strolled down the hallways to find an open guest room. Unfortunately, they were taken by his fellow tournament members and he gave up his for Serena. As time passed, Ash put his rough gloved hands in his pockets and began to walk to the main conference room. The vast room was dark and quiet, the atmosphere was silent and cold. Perhaps a bit too cold to be normal. Ash swiftly turned around to see red eyes lurking near him.

"Gengar, you can come out of the shadows now." He chuckled before yawning. His Pokémon unphased itself to be seen and floated above him.

"Gen...?" The ghost Pokémon seemed to question his trainer. Ash looked at him and smiled assuredly "It's ok Gengar, just tired is all." The Monarch walked toward the many windows to see the moon shining all over Lumiose City.

Bright colorful lights placed on the high buildings with snow falling endlessly really added to the whole wintery feel around Kalos. The region was known for its beauty and culture. The fashion was always so classy and luxurious than any other region. The food was of high quality with it's famous appetizers and desserts. The Kalos region was also known for being the region of love, something Ash could agree with. He found a girl who was sweet, kind, and beautiful in his eyes. He really wanted to be with her, to see her smile, to hear her laughter. Ash could never fully understand why he felt all of this so suddenly but he didn't deny any of it. Tomorrow he was going to make her smile, and give a proper confession that she rightfully deserves. Ash felt terrible for being an oblivious idiot to Serena's feelings during their journey and he hoped he could make it up going forward.

He kept on thinking and thinking until his Gengar nudged his head before disappearing into a wall, which confused Ash, but he didn't think too much of it. The champion of Alola heard Pikachu scurry in the room, going up the table to wave at him.