EIGHT, best of friends

#% ILLIAD MOON <3 !!!

the sun shining through my open window is what wakes me up the next morning. a ray of light blinds me as my eyes adjust to the new found brightness.

i hear a soft yawn beside me and my head turns. benny's clawed paws stretch their way out towards me. his white teeth show as his opens his mouth wide. "good morning benny" my hand reaches over and pets the small animal's head. his green eyes close and a purr emits from his body.

the last thing i remember was sobbing into hyunjin's chest. how in the hell did i get home?

my body sits up and i look around the room to make sure i'm actually here, i pinch myself a few times and sure as hell. i'm in my own room.

what happened?

i slide my legs over the edge of the bed, i'm still in the same clothes from yesterday so at least that is good. my feet practically freeze as i walk over the cold hardwoods of the house.

my legs take me down the stairs and i grip onto the railing as i go down. im still drowsy, i can feel it as i walk down, my body leans slightly forward.

"good morning sleepy head" my mom says as she bounces harley on her hip. the small child sees my face and smiles before reaching his arms out towards me.

i grab onto my brother and hold him tight to my body as i say a good morning to my mother. "how'd you sleep?" her and i walk into the kitchen. she pours a bunch of hot coffee into her white mug before turning to me again.

"good" i say before leaning over and pretending to eat harley's cheeks. the room is filled with his laughter as i do so. my mother's hand reaches into the refrigerator and she grabs out the glass of milk. we had these big containers that she filled whenever she went to the store.

my eyes watch as she pours some into the large mug until the coffee turns a dark caramel color compared to its usual black nature.

"so mom?" i ask, harley's small hand reaches for my face and pulls at my bottom lip. "yes?" she asks as she stirs her coffee. her hand stirs a total of 7 times before she takes a sip from the cup.

"yes my dear?" my mother responds to my short attention grabber. "how did i get home?" i ask her and she raises a brow.

"hyunjin brought you in my dear, he said you fell asleep when you guys were talking last night and he wanted to bring you home so you didn't freak out when you weren't in your bed in the morning" she tells me and i nod.

"okay," i fake a smile, "i was really tired i don't remember so thank you."

"i'm glad you guys talked last night, are you all better now?" she asks me as harley travels again, this time from my body to hers. i bite the skin off my lower lip as i think about what to say next.