40| Epilogue

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 40: Epilogue (Aaron's POV)

Eight months later...

Paris? 

Check. 

London? 

Check. 

Hong Kong? 

Check. 

Colombia? 

Check

And now Venice? 

Check. 

"Where should we go next?" I asked, glancing at her. 

She continued rocking our locked hands back and forth as we walked towards the middle of the Rialto bridge in Venice. 

Today's our last day here. After three weeks, it's our last day, and tomorrow, our tickets for New York have been booked. 

"Hmm, I don't know yet. What are you thinking?" she asked, glancing at me. 

"I'm thinking... somewhere in Australia, since I've never been." 

She hummed. "Sydney?" 

"No. Maybe uh, Gold Coast?" 

"Oh, Gold Coast sounds fun," she chuckled. "I like the way you think, Sinclair." 

We stopped once we reached the middle of the bridge, both of us resting our elbows on the railing and staring at the water flowing below us, reflecting all the oranges and warm pinks from the sunset above us. I let go of her hand and moved to stand behind her, resting my hands on the railing while closing her in. I rested my chin on her shoulder, looking between the water and the sky. 

It's been eight whole months and I have no idea what to make of that. It feels like time has just flown by but it also feels like it's been years. It feels like Vanessa and I have been like this, together like this, in love like this, for as long as we've known each other. 

Things changed pretty quickly after we came back to New York from Hawaii. Two months after that, we both quit our jobs. I remember the first conversation we had about quitting and traveling, she was scared. She was hesitant and she wasn't ready to leave everything behind and travel. So we waited. I waited until she was ready and willing and the first one to say it. And then we dove in headfirst into the next chapter of our lives. 

We had a long conversation with Davidson, a conversation that ended up putting Vanessa at much-needed ease. 

"Whenever and if you two decide to come back and settle down in New York again, just remember that New Beginnings will always have a place for you," he told us.