1 - departure and new meanings

✎ all i want is you girl

(y/e/c) - your eye color

(y/h/c) - your hair color

sniffles and sobs could be heard throughout the station. "mama, please don't embarrass me." you quietly asked your hysteric mother. "darling, she's right. you are making a scene." your father tried comforting your mother but failed as she just wailed louder. "she's never been this far away from us before! she can't even visit us for christmas" your eyes softened at her words. she was right. this was the last time you'll ever see your parents for a while. you hugged your mother tightly, afraid that if you let go she would disappear. the train horned loudly, you let go gingerly. "hun you should go first, i'll try and calm her down. have fun at school, please be careful! your father ushered you to board the train. 

it's been an hour since that fiasco and you missed them already. you were currently on the hogwarts express looking out of the window, watching the raindrops fall. a loud creak suddenly rang through the compartment and your head snapped to the door. "y/n! my dear sister! how ever did you escape moms death grip?" your brother, sullivan, snarkily commented. you sighed loudly, it wasn't like you hated your brother- he was just so annoying sometimes. "hello sulli." you curtly nodded at him. "geez, why are you always in a bad mood? i just wanted to be with my loving sister." your brother slid into your compartment and put his arms around your shoulder. your brother and you have always had a love-hate relationship so this wasn't out of the ordinary. "sorry...where are your friends?" you asked, curious as to why your hot-shot brother was hanging out with you instead of his friends. "i don't know but i expect they'll be arriving soon." your brother shrugged. loud and obnoxious laughs could be heard outside your compartment. speak of the devil. 

"sulli! where were you dude?" a brown-haired boy asked your brother. "oliver! sorry, was just greeting my sister." sullivan pointed in your direction and oliver looked at you. "ah hello sullivans little sister! what's your name?" you groaned internally, not wanting to socialize. "yo i'm y/n swan." you gave a weak smile that somehow still managed to give oliver butterflies. he could feel heat travel up his nape and ears. your brother noticed this and smirked. "can you both please leave me alone...i'm sorry i'm just not in the mood for socializing right now. you said glancing back at the window. the truth was, you never easily made friends so your only solution was to push everyone away. they both left without saying a word, sensing that you wanted to be alone right now.

you woke up when the train stopped moving. you groaned, wanting to sleep for a while longer. thank god you already changed because you slept for the whole ride. once you were off the train you looked around- panicking. 'shit what am i supposed to do? should i ride the boat with the first years or...' then something caught your eye. a majestic thestral. you've read about it before. apparently only people who have witnessed death can see thestrals. your eyes watered at the thought. you were adopted by the swans since your parents died in front of your eyes at the age of 5, during a russian war. you never really liked talking about it but your heart ached at the memories.

"woah, you can see the thestrals!" you jumped in surprise. next to you was a boy with platinum blonde hair. "uh yeah." you rudely replied since he was so loud. "who died?" he asked, insensitively. "my parents." you curtly responded and left him with his mouth open. you got in the carriage when you heard him apologizing profusely. "i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to ask that without hurting your feelings. my name is draco malfoy, pureblood. you?" you snarled at him. you could already tell he was a pure blood supremacist since he mentioned his blood status. 

"y/n swan, pureblood. nice to meet you." you stuck your hand out for him to shake. he gasped loudly. the swans were a very respected family, all over the country people knew their name. "a-a-a-a swan!? wait till my father hear who i'm friends with!" he shouted, gaining the attention from others. you shushed him, "first off- stop shouting, and second, we are not friends." you focused in front of you while draco kept blabbering on about how his daddy got him a new broom. you couldn't care less, no one did so why should you? you didn't notice that draco stopped talking and started to stare at you. you fascinated him. the way you weren't afraid to talk back or how your eyes held so much pain. he thought you were stunning- of course it wasn't a surprise since he's met your brother before.

the way your (y/e/c) shined from the light hogwarts was emitting. your long/short (y/h/c) blew in the wind mesmerized him. he was so focused on you that he didn't realize that they arrived at hogwarts.

AN: lets gooo finally done w one chapter- i'll try and upload weekly shiiii