Not in Bellwood anymore

The life of a superhero is filled with danger, adventure, and excitement. However, eighteen-year-old Ben Tennyson was experiencing none of that today. In fact, he hadn't done any heroic work in months! As things were the most dangerous thing that could happen to him was getting a brain freeze from the smoothie he was drinking.

The state of his homeworld had changed drastically within the last several months. Things had finally calmed down not only on Earth but throughout most of the universe, save for perhaps the Anur system. The Plumbers, an intergalactic police force dedicated to preserving peace throughout the cosmos, had been granted powerful new technologies developed by the Galvan.

New weapons, new armor; basically, everything they needed to combat threats that previously required the aid of Ben and his team. It seemed the Galvan had finally begun to shake off their secretive ways when it came to their technology. There were heavy protesters on Galvan Prime, of course, but the general consensus amongst their lead scientists and military officials was that the universe needed to move forward, and they were the ones best suited to make that happen. They couldn't continue to call upon the bearer of the Omnitrix every time something went wrong.

Ben was mature enough to know this change was a good thing. There was peace, crime was down, and life was good. But still, there was a part of him that missed turning into an alien every day and fighting some criminal or giant monster. He didn't do any of his heroics for the fame; or at least, not anymore he didn't. He really just missed the feeling of helping others.

After the incident with Diagon, Sir George, and the war between the Forever Knights and the Esoterica, Azmuth had gifted Ben with a brand new Omnitrix. It was much sleeker than the Ultimatrix, as it was now only slightly larger than an average wristwatch as opposed to being a large gauntlet. It was a square, white watch with green highlights, with said highlights converging on the black faceplate to form the intergalactic peace symbol, which resembled an hourglass.

As opposed as Azmuth was to the evolutionary feature that Albedo, his former assistant, had added to the Ultimatrix, he recognized that it had aided Ben numerous times during his hero tenure and reluctantly decided to include it in his latest model. Though, he made sure to add proper safeguards to prevent another incident with the sentient Ultimate Forms.

Ben had spent the last two years unlocking new aliens with his new Omnitrix, but what was the point if he didn't even need them anymore?

The teen hero leaned his elbow on the table and took a sip of his smoothie. "Man... I hate to say it, but... couldn't somebody just try to rob a store or something? Jaywalk in the street? Anything?"

The Omnitrix wielder then sat back up in his seat, and glanced around, almost as if he were looking for signs of something bad happening anywhere in Bellwood. To his minor disappointment, he saw nothing of the sort. It was then that an idea came to Ben's mind, causing a slight smirk to cross his face.

"Man," Ben said in a pretend happy voice, "it sure is a nice day today. The sky is clear, it's nice and quiet..." He paused to look at the sky. "What could possibly go wrong?!"

Ben then took another look around but was disappointed yet again by the lack of any commotion.

"Come on, universe." He groaned. "The one time I want something to go down and you got nothin' for me? I guess things really have changed."

The jacket-wearing teen then slouched in his seat, and shook his head, internally chastising himself.

"I really shouldn't be asking for bad stuff to happen." Ben berated. "Things could be a whole lot worse. Boredom is a vacation compared to some of the stuff I've been through..."