Chapter 3

03: The Reason of My Return

"You move too slow."

A chill went down my spine when I heard a voice whispering to my right ear. Before I could move, Yva had already gotten a hold around my neck, and the next thing I knew, I was thrown hard to the ground, streaks and orbs dancing right in front of my eyes.

Hindi ko alam kung sumigaw o umiyak ba ako, but my body that was supposed to resist pain, was aching all over.

Suddenly, I felt a strong bloodlust, and even Yva got distracted by it. Agad akong napatingin sa direksyon kung saan nanggagaling iyon at nakita ko si Sigrid na nakatingin nang masama sa kanya.

Yva smirked; excitement written on her face. "Heh. You have some loyal but cheeky retainer out there, Your Highness."

Her grip on my neck loosened. Ang sabi ni Roesia ay kailangan lang na maiwasan kong mahawakan o maabot ni Yva ang leeg ko para sa training na 'to pero tatlong beses na niya akong natalo. All within two minutes.

"Well, I guess you still have a long way to go, Your Highness," Roesia remarked.

Baldric stroked her clean-cut beard. "Perhaps it was still too early for her to face Yva."

Dahan-dahan naman akong tumayo at pahapyaw na lumayo mula kay Yva. Her attention was already on Sigrid.

Her dry and scarred lips curved slyly. "Never thought you already have a retainer who can use Intimidation."

"I-Intimidation?"

As if on cue, Sigrid swiftly positioned herself between me and Yva, her eyes brimming with resentment.

"Pardon me, Kir Yva, but I shall not allow any further act of impertinence toward the princess," she seethed.

Her action almost made me beg for mercy.

Alam kong malakas si Sigrid pero siguradong matatalo siya laban kay Yva. Sure, I was kind of humiliated, but she didn't need to get angry for me. What's worse was she was ready to take on the greatest assassin of the kingdom because I lost. There must really be a thin line between bravery and foolishness.

The three looked at us with curiosity, and somehow, that made me more nervous.

I forced a snicker and pulled her back. "S-sorry, she didn't mean that."

"Oh, she does," Baldric retorted, and even him looked quite thrilled. "So, you have already gotten the loyalty of your royal maid, Your Highness. Impressive."

"Lady Vyrka needs to rest now," Sigrid sternly said. "If you may excuse us."

I wasn't sure if leaving was the right thing to do, but Sigrid was already waiting for me to follow her. Fortunately, the three did not look offended. In fact, they seemed more amused.

"We'll go ahead."

Halos binilisan ko ang lakad ko para makasabay kay Sigrid. Despite her impassive face, I could tell she was still annoyed. Pero magkahalong pagkamangha at takot ang naramdaman ko sa ginawa niya. She was ready to fight Yva for my sake.

She hasn't drunk my blood, has she?

Sa kinikilos niya ay para siyang si Kei noong nainom nito ang dugo ko dahil nasa top priority niya ako. Though, Irus also said vampires were usually extremely loyal if they found the master they deemed worthy of their service.

Pagbalik namin sa kuwarto ko ay agad akong pinagbihis ni Sigrid. I couldn't believe the dress had become frayed and was soiled with dirt and mud in just a short amount of time.