thirteen

Vihaan

"Why did you called me here?" I asked Ahana with a blank face.

She was sitting in front of me trying to mask her hurt expression but I knew better.

Still I couldn't help being like this. I was upset by myself that I lied to my Kiara and came here to meet my ex behind her back.

I don't know why the fuck didn't I tell her. I know she can be possessive at time and it always melts my heart but she can be very understanding. I guess I just didn't wanted to upset her or think wrongly of me. But I clearly did a mistake because my conscience isn't letting me be in peace.

"I wanted to talk to you. I know it's wrong of me to call you here. I just wanted to say something." She said with a very soft and nervous tone.

Ahana has always been a very soft spoken person, someone who lacks confidence. She never raises her voice at anyone and is very sensitive. She will cry but she will never talk back to anyone. I always tried to make her feel confident but I guess I can't really help if she herself doesn't want to.

"No, it's okay. It's not like we're doing anything wrong."

But I am. I lied to my angel.

"What do you wanted to talk?"

Looking at her now, I don't feel anything. Before I used to feel comfort just by her voice. My eyes used to brighten at the mere sight of her. We were together for three years. We were each other's support system. We have seen a lot together. But now, I just don't feel the same anymore.

It's really scary how someone who meant everything to you can become just another person in a few moments.

I feel really guilty for hurting her. But I never gave her any hope for us when I got married to Kiara. I clearly mentioned to her to move on. I just couldn't help myself.

She started saying something but my mind was somewhere else, thinking of somebody else. I couldn't decipher what she was saying as I was feeling really awkward sitting with her. It was like I was betraying someone, my wife.

I just wanted to go home, take her in my arms and go to a deep slumber sleep.

"Vihann, are you listening?" Came her voice which broke me out of my thoughts.

"Huh, I'm sorry?"

A hurt expression took over her face and again the feeling of guilt came over.

"I am moving to Bangalore."

"Bangalore?"

"Yes, I got a job offer from a company over there. You getting married, I thought it's best for me to go there and start a new."

I felt sad knowing that she is moving away because of me. But if it will make her happy in the future, it's best for her.

"I-I'm sorry Ahana. But that's actually good for you. I hope the best for you." I sincerely said.

There was pain and grief written over face. I could see it that she didn't expected me to say that but it's for the best. She would be able to move on if she's away from me.

She weakly nodded at me. She put on a fake smile on her face and glanced at me.

"So, this is probably my last meeting with you. How's your married life? I mean how's Kiara?"

Soon, a smile appeared on my face reminiscing about my marriage. My wife, Kiara.

"You know, I didn't really ever thought that I would ever come to accept this marriage. I hadn't even seen her face before our engagement day. But each day with her is something very different. Just like every other couple, we wake up together, she makes breakfast for me, we leave for our work. I get excited over the fact that someone is waiting for me back at home. It's just unbelievable that-"