Cheap Cologne

Vincent leaned back and forth on his heel, biting his lip as he looked around the elevator. It smelled of cleaning solution and... something else. Something dirty that he couldn't quite put his finger on. And, working at a place like Freddy's, that was impressive. The elevator itself was small, buttons missing on the control panel, and the fake wood patterns on the wall were all slightly discolored. Still... He glanced at Scott, a smile making it's way onto his face. In any other situation, he'd be complaining about how dismal this place was. But with him here...

"What?" Scott looked down at him, his usual frown forming on his face. A frown that, Vincent didn't even realize, he missed so much. It was refreshing to see it again. Vincent shifted to stand closer to the other man, causing Scott to jolt up and step away. "Vincent!"

Vincent grinned and swiftly took hold of Scott's arm, but that was the extent of it. He held onto him, quite like how a prince would escort a princess. Scott's shoulders relaxed slightly, and he just sighed. Probably too tired to pry Vincent off of him at this hour. Not that it made much of a difference, considering the elevator came to a sudden halt, nearly causing Vincent to trip and fall over. Scott watched, and Vincent swore he saw a smirk on his face before he exited the small room.

Vincent followed closely behind him, once again nearly pressed against his back with how small the distance between them was. Scott smells better than the apartment building, Vincent noted to himself, bumping into the other man as he stopped in front of, what Vin presumed to be, his door.

Scott grumbled something about watching out, but all Vincent could focus on was not fidgeting out of excitement. He had dreamed about what Scott's apartment would look like for a long time. Overly clean? Probably not. Scott was disorganized, even at work. But he also couldn't imagine it being messy. He didn't have much time to dwell on it, though. Scott pushed the door slightly open, then paused before he stepped inside. "I wasn't expecting, uh... guests. So, it's a little messy. Sorry."

Vincent didn't respond, too busy peeking over his shoulder. He immediately recognized the scent that wafted out of the door. Cheap cologne. The same cologne Scott wore when he came into work in the mornings. It'd fade as the day went on, being replaced by the scent of lime-a-way and dingy pizza sauce. Vincent still cherished it. He held onto it, when Scott would pass him in the hallway. Of all of the location changes, new employees, new robots... that stayed the same. It almost overwhelmed him when he followed Scott into the apartment, his face burning hot, a tingling feeling filling all of his senses.

Vincent took a moment to look around as Scott took his jacket off. It was... different than he'd expected. Small figurines lined some of the shelves, some of characters he recognized, some not so much. Comic books stacked near them, corners poking out of the uneven pile. His television was off, sat in front of a small coffee table, scattered with papers. Under the TV stand was a console, one Vincent didn't recognize, and a controller wrapped up in a cord. Vincent fidgeted with his sleeve, looking around the room, soaking it all in as Scott closed the door behind him.

"So?"

Vincent perked up, turning back to look at Scott. "Huh?"

Scott stared at him, eyebrows furrowing. "No comments?"

Vincent looked at Scott, then back out at the small living-room in front of him. He didn't have any comments. For all of the scenarios that he created in his mind, all of the comments he THOUGHT he would have, words conveniently failed him here. He shook his head slightly, biting his lip again, unsure if the blood that drew had been there earlier or not.

"I'm surprised you haven't been over sooner," Scott started, walking up next to Vincent, looking down at him. He paused, trying to follow Vincent's gaze, but it was impossible with how transfixed Vincent looked about everything around him. "I'm surprised you even had to ask for my address, I assumed-... ah, actually... Nevermind. Here, hand me your coat,"