Chapter 34

EDEN'S P.O.V.

It's been four days.

Four whole days since Jake and Ana were taken and it's killing me not being able to see my brother and my friend.
I've never been seperated from Jake for so long. Yes, maybe an odd day here and there over the years but never for days. It was just something as twins we found to be extremely difficult to do.

Flinching at the memory of the first wave of torture Jake had experienced has my own palms sweating. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure, going through the same pain and torture that my brother was living through in real time.

Nic never left my side for hours that day, just held me tight in his strong muscular arms, brushing his fingers through my hair, an act that I always found to calm me, until the pain faded.

After the pain had subsided, Nic had explained to me that he thought why I couldn't feel anything anymore was because Jake had most probably been poisoned with wolfsbane again to keep him and his wolf Luca weak. The sudden wave of sadness hit me like a freight train as I asked him how he would know that and his response was that it would be something he would do to a prisoner.

I won't lie but his words had gutted me a little, but I wasn't blind to the fact that Nic had a reputation to up hold.
But I wasn't ignorant to the fact that him going all Alpha male on a prisoner wasn't a turn on for me either.

Oh my goddess this was not the time to think like that.

Trying to turn my thoughts back to the task at hand was easier said than done.
In between helping Nic, Nic's father and the four warriors make a decent plan to get back Jake and Ana, I have also been set the task to plan for my Luna ceremony.
The Luna ceremony is a night to initiate me as Luna of the Blood Moon Pack.
Even though I am already Luna in our pack's eyes, this is to make it offical.
So if anything happens to Nic and we have no pups, I would automatically become leader without question. If we do have pups, then I would only stand in as leader until our pup came of age.
My heart aching at the thought of losing Nic.

I know mine and Jake's powers would help in the future war between us and the rogues even if my father said Logan would use us as the bringers of death, I still believed we could save our pack, but not knowing how to use our powers is going to be the bigger problem.

Maybe I could try and mindlink my father? I remember when he mindlinked me and Jake the night the rogues attacked our pack.
Only pack members and family can mindlink each other. This is something I never even thought of before because not having any family until now, I had completely forgotten we can do that.

Hitting my forehead with my palm, Oh goddess, why didn't think of this before?
Removing my hand quickly so no one saw, the last thing I need is to try and explain that I'm going to try and mindlink the father that had just came in to my life after eighteen years just to disappear and leave me for a second time in my life.
I know Nic will be furious with me for not telling him but this is something I need to do on my own.
Looking around guiltily at the six people going through the last of the details of the plan that we had eventually decided on, realising I am in the clear, I let out a quiet breath and get back to my work organising the Luna ceremony.

After a while my mind needs a break. I've never been that great concentrating for to long, my mind likes to wander to much.
This time I let my mind wander back to four days ago, after Jake was tortured for the first time. I could see the fear in Nic's eyes that day. Not only for me but also for his best friend. Jake and Nic have always had an unbreakable bond, almost like brothers but without the same parents.

After the torture had worn off and I was finally pain free, Nic was up and throwing orders out. The first was for more intense training for any able bodied wolf. No one was exempt apart from the very old, young and medically incapable.

Nic was on a mission, and it was something I could understand fully. We had just been attacked, which meant rogues were able to get past our borders.
This was a mistake on our part and Nic took full responsability for the mistake. No amount of words would get through to him, that it wasn't his fault. But when he realised how much danger I had been in and the fact pack members had been killed and taken, no amount of words from me or others would make him believe us.
I guess as Alpha he felt he should take sole blame. It broke me even more seeing him like that.

But after the training had been intensified and the border patrols were doubled the aura of determination swirled around him fiercely, and I knew no matter when the rogues would attack again we would be ready.
The war between us is now firmly guaranteed and I had no doubt that as long as Nic was leading us we wouldn't fail.

He is a strong leader.

He is a true Alpha.

The feeling of pride for him runs through me.

Feeling my face flush with the naughty thoughts I am now thinking of my mate being the dominant leader he was created for I glance up from the paperwork about my Luna ceremony, which Nic and I have both agreed to hold when we finally get Jake and Ana back, when it suddenly becomes clear to me that the warriors and Nic's father have gone. I actually thought I was doing a good job at listening to them talking.

How wrong could I be!

I must have been to preoccupied with my naughty thoughts to realise they had left Nic's office.

But what get's my heart pumping is when I hear the low growl of my mate.

I watch in what seems like slow motion as he pushes his chair back and stands from his desk, his head slightly tilting upwards, giving me a glance of the predatory look in his eyes.
He steps around his desk to where I'm sitting, looking down at me. His eyes holds nothing but desire. Desire for me, his mate, and it makes my heart swell.
He walks passed me to my confusion and locks the office door. But it's only when he looks back around and looks me in the eyes that I can see the forest green and golden colour of Shadows fighting for dominance.
Ever so slowly walking back towards me like the predator I know he is, the forest green colour of his eyes have won the fight and Nic has taken back control of his wolf.
Now standing in front of me he holds out one of his hands. As I reach out, he can't wait any longer and pulls me out of my chair with a little bit more force than I was expecting.
With a yelp of surprise leaving my lips, Nic smirks at the reaction he has just got, which I'm sure only seems to spur him on. Not that I'm complaining.
My super sexy mate knows me only to well already and I'm not embarrased at all with him knowing I like the soft and loving side of him as well as the tough and dominant side.

And as the great mate that he is, he knows exactly what side of him I need right now.
I need my mind taken away from everything that has been happening.

I need him to help me forget.

With another growl he does just that, throwing me against the wall as his lips instantly fall to my neck. My legs wrap around his waist as his teeth graze my mark making me tremble in his arms. I can feel his smirk growing.

"What do you want my love? Tell me how much you want me my little mate?"

He brings his head up looking straight in to my eyes. "Tell me."

With the last of my restraint gone I cup his face in my hands and lean in to his lips, "Make me forget Alpha." And with that said I crash my lips to his.