Chapter 5

With what I had heard, I was offered the tiniest rooms of all in the palace. Yet somehow this room was the largest that I had seen in my life. I have stayed on rent, in houses that were smaller than this room.

The room smelled nobility and power. silk bedsheets on the giant beds, covered with curtains on either sides, that were hanging down from the ceilings that touched the sky. The room had tinted window glasses in various colors that reduced the glare from the sun. It was decorated with candles and flowers at various corners. Also huge torches at the corners to illuminate the room enough. I had just seen them in books and historical dramas. And so living this royalty made me feel not so bad with the decision I made.

To be honest I was not regretting the decision, I was regretting the time frame

To be honest I was not regretting the decision, I was regretting the time frame. 1 year was no short period. I had not informed my family about anything. Neither my best friend. I sighed sitting on a short stool in front of the mirror.

The room had almost everything, but a clock. I had to know what time it is. I had to start calculating the days. I checked my surroundings, locked my door and once everything felt clear, I removed my Q tab. The screen floating ahead of me.

Battery percentage 672% enough for one month if I use it 24/7 with internet. Without internet, without call I believe it will work longer. I just needed it to be there. 

Something from my time.

I opened the gallery to swiping through the pictures of my family. My mom, my dad, granny, Ela my best friend.

Pictures of myself and then a pic of Aakav. I immediately cursed under my breath as soon as I saw him. I cannot believe I liked a guy like this. All this bullshit that I have fallen into, was because of him. 

He used my soft corner for him, tricked me into being his first human model, without knowing everything about the machine well. He did that despite knowing how dangerous it could be.

I was startled with a loud knock on the door. I went to the door to open it, finding a lady standing there. 

Head down, simple dress with minimal jewelry that would still cost a fortune in my world, she was a servant.

"yes?" I asked.

"it's time for lunch. Your Majesty's guest is requested to clean up and assemble down at the dining room." She spoke meekly.

"okay ma'am" I didn't know how else to address her.

Lunch. That means it is still afternoon.

 I am assuming its somewhere 12 or 2pm.

 I don't know.

But wait. What do I change into?

 I opened the huge wardrobe at side of the mirror. Only to find it empty.

Ofcourse.

I realized, before deciding to be a part of this adventure, I had to do a task of my daily life; visit my best friend and give her, her packages.