thirty four

"Well, how long before she wakes up? It's already been..." the voice continues speaking, but all Jade could feel was how her head hurt, like someone was constantly hitting her head with a hammer.

She feels her hands twitch first, and slowly she opens her eyes, the blinding lights were the first thing to assault her eyesight, she closes them for a moment and opens the back, letting it adjust to the lighting. She instantly realized that she was in the pack infirmary, the smell of disinfectant entering her senses right away. She starts to sit upright on the bed, when a pair of hands help her, placing their hands on her back, she didn't feel tingles of any form letting her know that it wasn't Adryan. Her eyes meet a pair of honey-colored ones.

"Arther," she says, a small smile spreads on his face.

"Hey Green" he replies, his nickname for her brings tears to her eyes, how long has it been since she'd heard that name, she used to hate it when he used to call her that, Arther knew how much she hated that nickname, she thought it was stupid, it was obvious that he was calling her green because of her eye colour, which he said he loved to gaze into. But now she was relieved to hear him call her that.

"I've missed you," she said looking up at him, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Arther's form moves towards her. His arms came to wrap around her in a hug.

"I know, I missed you too, Green," he says, his face buried in her hair. Jade felt the familiar scent of musk and rain entering her senses, she relished in the familiarity and warmth of him.

He pulls back from the hug, his fingers moving rogue pieces of hair from her face.

"How long was I out for?" She asks him with her brows furrowed.

"Two days...you know what happens when you don't have enough power to do magic, Jade" he trails off. Arther only ever used her name when he was serious, both he and herself knew that her using her magic when she hasn't been practising takes a toll on her body. She could be in a coma if it went a bit too far for her body. Her body was trying to protect itself by shutting down. Being a hybrid not only brought some benefits but some disadvantages too...

"What were you doing near the borders?" She asks him once she remembers the events from two days ago. Arther looks away from her questioning gaze, he clears his throat.

"I was searching for you," he says, meeting her eyes, to let her know that he was speaking the truth.

"You were searching for me?" she asks him with confusion.

He nods his head at her question, "I first saw you when you were in Winston, it was the day before you were taken by him" his voice turns to one of dislike when he talks about Adryan, like mentioning him left a bad taste in his mouth. "At first I didn't have the guts to face you, I was hesitant to approach you after everything that happened with our pack..." pain flashes through his face as if remembering what happened to the pack, Jade gulps trying to push down the emotions that so badly wanted to resurface "I didn't want to scare you, the second time around when I gained enough confidence to approach you, when I visited the café the next day, it didn't feel right, something was off. I'd found a few pack wolves lingering around the café, at first I thought they were there for me, but they all had their sights set on you, but they didn't do anything to you, I even followed you back to your house, and around midnight I felt their presence, him along with his warriors, he took you with him. I needed to make sure you were okay, so naturally, I followed the cars in my wolf form and came across The Blood Moon Pack. I've been scouting around the area for a few weeks now, trying to somehow connect to you, that was when I came across the rogue." he trails off, his eyes holding a faraway look in them.

Jade's hand comes to rest atop his, bringing his attention back to the present, he sighs and sits on the chair placed beside her bed, which she hadn't noticed at first.