Chapter 20

We get to see protective Freya twice in this chapter!!

*Freya's P.O.V*

I looked up as Taylor sat down across from me, offering a soft smile. I shifted in my seat and winced at the pain that coursed through my bottom. Lady Dimitrescu had a very firm hand, I would admit to that any day.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked as she furrowed her eyebrows, a small frown on her lips. She wouldn't admit to it but she was protective of me, kind of like a mom at times to be honest. I was personally just glad that my grounding didn't affect me when I wasn't regressed because I would have missed hanging out with her a lot.

"The Lady has a very firm hand," was all I could admit to, my cheeks flushing at the memory of what happened the previous night.

"She spanked you? What did you do?" Taylor asked as she leaned in, a look of curiosity and a small bit of smugness radiating from her. She always said I was a brat, I had never actually paid heed to what she said though.

"I bit Lord Heisenberg," I muttered, licking my dry lips as I looked down at my plate.

"You did what now?" Taylor questioned as she raised an eyebrow, a look of disbelief on her face.

"I bit Lord Heisenberg," I repeated, "in the face". Apparently that wasn't an appropriate response to being upset with the man even though he had upset Lady Dimitrescu. He wasn't allowed to upset her, that was my job and she actually liked me unlike him. The only thing I regretted was the fact I didn't actually cause any damage to his stupid face.

Daniela said that he often upset Lady Dimitrescu and to not take it personally. She said that he was their favorite uncle because of how easily he got under her skin but to be fair, you can't really reason with a toddler. I saw that he upset my caregiver so I responded in an appropriate manner, appropriate for me anyways.

"Well I can see why you seem to keep trying to sit on your knees, her hand is probably harder than most materials used to spank people," Taylor said as she sipped her orange juice.

"I feel like I can barely walk, it hurts every time something touches my bottom," I admitted quietly as I bit into my toast with a frown.

"Well if you're not careful people will start thinking that you can't walk for other reasons," Taylor said with a small smirk, ignoring the dark blush that spread across my face. "Although it would make sense, you do have a thing for older women," she said as she reached across and stole a piece of my sausage.

"I do not have a thing for older women," I denied fervently. "And your the one that keeps wanting to get with our boss," I pointed out.

"She's hot," Taylor said as she took a long drink from her orange juice. I knew that was the perfect time to say something.

"Does this mean you want to be my step-mommy?" I questioned, making her choke on her drink as she spit it out on her plate. I ignored the glares that some of the older maids gave us from across the room, a small smile on my lips.

"You're trying to kill me Faye," Taylor whispered as she wiped her face off. I giggled as I stood up, taking my plate to the trash. I scraped off the leftover food into the trash before going to the kitchen to wash my plate. I scrubbed my plate clean with hot water and soap before setting it in the dry rack.

I turned around and squeaked when I ran into Taylor, half-heartedly glaring at her for standing so close to me. I ducked out of the kitchen before she could make another comment about getting with Lady Dimitrescu, at the rate she was going she would accidentally say something like that in front of the girls or the Lady herself.

I made my way to the laundry room, a small grin on my lips. I liked doing laundry, it was simple and it kept me busy. When one load was done then there was another I could be doing plus folding it was simple and I liked the repetitive motions.

I slowed down when I approached the laundry room, knowing that there were already some girls in there since Taylor and I had stayed rather late at breakfast. I entered the room and took a spot as far as I could from one of the newer maids, the daughter of the mayor of the Village. I didn't know her that well but she didn't seem to like working here at all.

I zoned her out for the most part, a frown on my lips when she suddenly set down one of Bela's cloaks rather roughly. Why wasn't she being gentle with it? Bela deserved better than to have her cloak treated so rudely.

"Why do we have to work for these monsters?" she asked suddenly, staring at the blood on the cloak. "They eat people and we're supposed to just be okay with it?" she questioned.

"They can't help it, they have to," one of the other maids said quietly after a moment. I waited while holding my breath as I stared at the floor. I was glad someone else was standing up for them because I was seeing red. She called them monsters, they weren't monsters! They were my family.

"They're monsters," the girl repeated, causing my head to snap up.

"Don't talk about them like that," I said as I glared at her, my face burning from anger.

"Of course you would defend them, we all know you hang around them. What are you, their little pet?" she questioned.

"Don't call me that," I said as my hands curled into fists, my body shaking with rage.

"Am I wrong? You're just a little pet, a pet that does whatever those monsters say," she said and I was across the room before I knew it, my fist connecting with her face.

"Don't call them that," I said as she stumbled back, blood trickling from her nose.

"You bitch," she hissed as she wiped the blood away. I hadn't anticipated her reaction but the pain in my face told me that she had hit back. She slammed me into the wall and hit my face, her nails digging into my cheek. I tangled one of my hands in her hair as I pulled on it, ignoring the pain that seemed to radiate from each hit that she managed to land. I punched back with my free hand, hitting anywhere that was available.

"What is the meaning of this?" Lady Dimitrescu's voice echoed through the room and I flinched at her tone of voice, she was not in a good mood. Everyone had frozen on instinct when she spoke and my eyes trailed over to her as she crouched through the door, her eyes landing on me. "Someone better explain, now," she growled, her voice sending shivers down my spine.