Chapter 82

Chase

Ivy and Bucky climbed up an old staircase to an apartment where Steve and Sam were supposed to be. Dave had also helped them book this apartment using a fake name and several fake accounts for the money transfer. The apartment was a little away from the center of town and it had taken a little while for Ivy and Bucky to get there. They were on the eighth floor, something Ivy didn't like. If everything went wrong, they would have to fight their way down. Bucky knocked on the door and Ivy heard a frantic rustling behind the door. Sam was probably freaking out and looking for a gun.

"It's us. Open the damn door!" Ivy said, hearing silence behind the door for a brief moment. The door was abruptly yanked open by Steve and the two were pulled inside. "You didn't tell them where you went?" asked Ivy after Steve's reaction and Bucky shook his head.

"I thought you took off!" announced Steve, while Sam pretended to be disappointed that Bucky was back. Ivy rolled her eyes and wandered more into the apartment. She tossed her hat on the sofa and looked for anything else to wear. "Did someone follow you?" asked Steve worried, and Bucky shook his head again. Steve was already dressed in his Captain America suit and Sam had his jetpack on his back. It looked like they were about to go looking for Bucky, which was way too conspicuous in those clothes. Ivy found some normal clothes in her bag and started to change, at which point all three men looked respectfully to the side.

"A warning would have been quite good" Sam muttered and Ivy rolled her eyes. She kept the white top on and pulled a black leather jacket over it, while she exchanged the blue suit pants for black jeans and put on black boots. She tucked a couple of daggers inside her boots and hid a few of her daggers under her jacket as well.
"Sam, turn up the TV" she said as she watched the news. Sam reached for the remote and all four stared at the screen, which showed the NATO building. "A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Brussels."

"This is not good at all," Sam muttered, while Ivy saw that she also had several missed calls from Tony. He had probably heard about the attack as well.  "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

"We need to get out of here," Ivy muttered nervously, starting to pack her bag. "The city is surrounded. No one can get out or in. Natasha says we should stay here for now and wait it out" Steve said and Ivy cursed under her breath. "But we also got a tip from Sharon-" "Your fake neighbor?" Ivy interrupted him and Steve nodded. Ivy hadn't heard from her in a long time. "We got a tip from her that German task forces are on their way."

"I should let the police arrest me willingly... Maybe we can clear everything up-" "No, not like this" Ivy stood up and shook her head. "Ivy's right. They have orders to get you alive or dead. They won't care what you have to say" Sam agreed with Ivy "So what do we do?" asked Ivy, looking to Steve. Steve's expression was indecipherable, yet Ivy knew he was going through several plans. He glanced at Bucky and at Ivy before his gaze moved to Sam.

"Sam, I want your eyes on the roof. Report back to us on everything." Sam nodded and patted Ivy on the shoulder as he walked out. She smiled weakly at him and turned to Steve. "So what do we do? Hope no one finds us?" Steve tossed Bucky his backpack and Ivy another knife. Ivy caught it easily with one hand and looked at him questioningly. "We'll wait it out and if it comes to that, we'll fight."

~°~

Ivy sat on the sofa and kept throwing her knife up in the air, catching it again with the same hand. Steve stood by the window looking out while Bucky knelt in front of Ivy and distilled her wound. "We can fix this," Ivy whispered to Bucky. He didn't return her weak smile, however. "Hey," "Keep your head still," Bucky said as he put a Band-Aid on the scratch. "I'm not leaving you alone. Where you are, so am I," Ivy said softly, brushing a hand across his cheek. Bucky took her hand and pressed a gentle kiss to her knuckles. She gave him a stern look and he smiled weakly. "I'm not leaving you" Bucky replied and Ivy smiled. She took his hand and pressed a kiss to his knuckles as well. The two smiled silently at each other and Ivy forgot for a moment where she was and why she was here.