Chapter 27

'I still cannot believe you both are home!!!' Siya Vanni hugged Shilpa yet another time while I was playing with my babies doing my 'uncle duties' of feeding them chocolate while my mother was feeding me Gharai (Famous Gawd Saraswat Brahmin Jackfruit based sweet) and I moaned at its taste saying...

'Amma...no wonder dad is still with you inspite of all your threats and regular quota of being kicked out of bedroom!!' earning a smack on my head.

'This boy!!! Shilpa how did you tolerate him? And I'm warning you think again...look at him...are you sure you can tolerate him for a lifetime? He's cruel!!!!' my mom said pinching my earlobe while I simply looked at my mom and said...

'Mom stop brainwashing my future wife! And yup...you have to teach her to make this Gharai! You know na...she can't cook shit!!!' I said and a flying pillow came my way from Shilpa which I carefully dodged.

'Well Mr Businessman Prabhu...one of the reasons to marry you is that I don't have to cook ok??? Don't you dare expect me to learn cooking!' she said rolling her eyes to which Siya Vanni added...

'I second that Naman...I mean come on...you have spent crores for that lavish interior of your penthouse! You definitely don't want to burn that pretty kitchen down with Ships attempting to risk lives of everyone living in that apartment! She once tried to bake my chocolate cake and trust me I needed a nail and hammer to crack that into pieces! She definitely makes chocolate flavoured cement cakes which are nowhere edible!' Vanni added earning continues smacking from Vanni...

'Eyyyyy dare you Ships! I'm going to be your elder sister in law! Respect!!!!' Vanni said and Shilpa instead stuffed another pillow into her face while we all burst out laughing.

Post our little fun talks my dad asked with a serious tone...
'Naman ..Shilpa...are you both sure you want to get married this weekend? I mean it's too early! Look I'm not suspecting anything it's just that we understand if you want to take more time!' Dad said and I squeezed Shilpa's hand and she smiled looking at me.

'There is no need of more time Dad! I can't find another Shilpa and neither do I want to...she makes me happy! And I don't want to let her go! Never' saying I kissed her hand when she smiled.

We both had decided to have a simple marriage. Just we family members and no relatives. I had informed Rizi that we had decided to finally take the plunge and he literally wanted to pull his hair saying 'We spread so many rumours and now you both will end up marrying! Have you both planned on shutting down my news agency?' he groaned in frustration but nevertheless he was extremely happy for both of us. We even promised to share exclusive pictures of our wedding with him.

We were busy with shopping about our marriage however I noticed my mother and Siya Vanni having some secretive talks. Initially I ignored it but then when I couldn't stop myself and I approached them.

'We really wanted to invite Shenoys and.... Keshav-Aditi. They are family too! It's just that...we didn't know if you and Shilpa would! I mean you know....' my mother said and Siya Vanni was looking elsewhere.

I simply took a step ahead towards my Vanni and said...
'I don't mind if you want to invite Aditi! She is my past and Shilpa is my future...and anyone's presence wouldn't change my mind!' I said and turned towards Shilpa and left a small kiss on her forehead and walked away from there.

It would be a lie if I say Aditi's existence won't hurt me or make any difference. But then I wanted to face it. I wanted to get over it. It was high time I face my demons.

There was a dinner organized for just us family members while Aditi-Keshav were also invited. Honestly my heart was having a rumbling feeling within but I had to face it. Shilpa's hands kept holding me warm however she chose to give me my space too. She understood how this felt. All she did was she came and kissed my nose whispering 'I love you baby' and I smiled.