The War

The battle continues. As soon as we leave we are attacked from all sides by orcs. The daggers that I have are pretty useful as they were made by elves Legolas told me. Orcs start to separate Legolas and I as I continue to slaughter orcs as they come. Soon enough I'm alone and scared. Where did that darn elf go who told me to not leave his side. I continue in the direction Raya and Bilbo ran to save Thorin, Fili and Kili. 

I turn around and see an elf who looks so graceful and terrifying combined into one. He looks older but he reminds me of Legolas and the fact that he has a crown I will assume he is his father, the king. But I hear him sending orders to the elves to leave the battle. What! No! We need all the help we can get. 

"Where are you going?" I cut in front of him hoping he doesn't remember me from Mirkwood. "Get out of my way" he growls, so he definitely remembers me. "But the dwarves, everyone will be killed" I whimper, "yes they will die" the king says with no emotion in his voice. "Do you have no heart?" I stutter as he steps closer to me and lifts his sword to my throat.

"What do you know of love?" he hisses as my breathing quickens as I look down at his sword, "nothing" he seethes with anger

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"What do you know of love?" he hisses as my breathing quickens as I look down at his sword, "nothing" he seethes with anger. I tremble in fear feeling my eyes well with tears of how scared I feel as I do not know if this king will kill me or not. I look away from the sword ready for him to kill me until a sword clashes in front of it catching the king off guard and I am free to breath again. 

"If you harm her you will have to kill me" Legolas demands appearing from behind the king. I can see the shock in the kings face until I realise what he said. Does he really mean that? 

Legolas turns to face me as I look in to his eyes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Legolas turns to face me as I look in to his eyes. "Raya ran to Ravenhill to save the dwarves" I blurt out. "I will go with you" he nods at me as we turn and make our way up north. 

We run slaying every orc in our path. I am glad to be fighting side by side with one of the best fighters I ever seen. We look up at Ravenhill and more orcs pile on the dwarves, we're never gonna make it in time. "Go" I say to Legolas "you're faster than me, go save them. I will meet you up there" I say holding on to his arm as he doesn't look like he wants to leave. He squeezes my hand as he jumps and gets hold of one of the huge bats and flies to the top of Ravenhill as I continue to run. 

I soon make it up onto the cliff as I come face to face with a huge orc in a broken tower stairway. I pick up a sword as I dodge all the orcs hits. I soon slit his neck as I move on to the next one. I step outside and see Bilbo unconscious. I run over but just before I get to him an orc storms from behind me flinging me into the rocks. I feel pain rush all over me as my vision is blurred and I scream in agony. Legolas jumps in out of nowhere stabbing him with 3 arrows in the head killing it on the spot. He runs over to check that I am able to stand. "I'm fine I'm fine, go" I say ushering him to finish the one he is looking for. Bolg. 

I continue as I have some fight still left in me. I hear a girl scream. Raya! I turn and run and she is lying right before Bolg with Kili to the side of her, dead. My heart drops. Raya's face is full of tears but the both of us have so much anger that we charge at Bolg trying to catch him off guard with the both of us attacking but with one swing he launches us into the rocks. Again the pain causes me to lose vision but just before I see Bolg charge at us again, I see Legolas! I feel pain in my chest, I can't leave Legolas to fight him alone. I get up but limping my way to the edge of the cliff just in time to see Legolas kill Bolg with a single dagger through its skull. Legolas' attention turns to help Thorin while I turn to Raya who is physically and emotionally not okay. 

"Raya! Bolg is dead!" I exclaim as she looks up trying to look happy but I know that she loved Kili and she never got to tell him. I hold on to her as she sobs. I suddenly hear an unusual sound. I lift my head up and see eagles flying over head killing more orcs than I have during my entire time here. "Look Raya. The eagles are here" I exclaim as she looks up and genuinely smiles knowing that there is hope that this battle will end. Raya stands and walks to Kili's body clinging on to it. I explore Raven hill further hoping no orcs hiding while I leave Raya to grieve.