𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐊 𝐀 𝐌 𝐑 𝐘 𝐍

"Fantastic ride by Nick Swift!" The judges of today's challenge hold up their scores. "And the judges reward him. The boys' winner of this month's Snowboard Challenge is once again Nick Swift!"

I pull out my phone and check the time. I groan and turn to my dad. "Dad! I am going to be late! Can I please go?" I beg and plead.

"Not yet! After Kayla goes." He hisses. Of course.

Let me give you the rundown. I am the daughter of one of the richest guys in town, Richard Morgan. He owns the Summit Valley resort. My sister, Kayla is competing today and as always he's making me watch her. Even though it's the same thing every week.

"All right, next up, Team Swift's reigning champion in girls' half-pipe, and repeat champion for, oh, about six months now, but who's counting," You obviously. "-our very own Kayla Morgan!" We look up. No Kayla, she's late.

"Patrick, where's my daughter?" My dad yells.

"Uh, has anybody seen Kayla? Anybody at all?" Oh she's missing? So sad. "There she is!" Gosh dang it.

She waves to her fans before starting down, "And Kayla Morgan down into the pipe for her run. Frontside air, with a little bit of air." She started with that last week. "Another frontside, with, I guess some style." That's all she has going for her. "And she holds on for the landing." What a show.

"Now, let's see what the judges have to say. And the girls' winner once again, folks, give it up for Kayla Morgan!" The crowd cheers.

It's the same boring routine every single week.

"With wins today from both Nick Swift and Kayla Morgan, Team Swift is poised to be the team to beat at this year's Fire and Ice."

Kayla runs up and dad high fives her. "That's my girl."

"Hi, Daddy." She smiles

He looks at her with a proud look on his face, I remember when he used to look at me like that. "Another victory. You make it look so easy."

"It is when you do the same routine every week." I smile sarcastically.

Kayla rolls her eyes, walking towards me. "Listen Kam, when you start competing again then you can critique me."

"On that note. I am late for work. I'll see you guys at home." I wave before heading towards the kennel.

Hot Doggers. I've been working here ever since it opened. My friend Will and his mom decided to start their own business when ever things took a turn in Will's snowboarding career. I've been with them every step of the way and I take pride in my work. Even though I have to mop up urine daily.

I finally get there, making me ten minutes late. Let's pray that it's been a slow day. If not, boy am I in for it.

I shiver as I walk in. The hair dryer is going. I slowly slide over the desk and start cleaning up the snack bar. Maybe they won't notice that I'm late.

"You're good, you're doing good-" I glance at Will's mom, Andrea as she checks the dogs. "and you're good. And..." She gasps. "Oh, no." Will turns off the dryer and looks to her. "Donald."

His lips curl up as he sighs. "He play roadkill on you?" Donald perks right up as usual.

Andrea sighs in relief. "Oh! Does he always do that?"

"Only when he's bored. That pooch has personality." Will smiles.

Andrea jumps when she sees me. "Kamryn! You almost gave me a heart attack, I didn't see you come in. Please make sure you label the snack jars again, we had another customer eat the dog treats."