Death of Amun

Iris' POV

I wake to a horrible feeling in my heart. Something terrible has happened. I get out of bed and grab my robe. Putting it on as I hear a woman scream. I run to go check on Amun and see him on his bed. I sigh in relief and approach him. I hear another scream But Amun doesn't stir.

Somethings not right, he should wake up with all the nose. I approach him. "Amun" I say and kneel beside his bed. I shake him and nothing. "Amun, wake up" I tell my son and nothing. "Amun!" I shout and shake him.

"Iris!" Ramses shouts and runs into the room. "What's wrong?" he asks me.

"He won't wake up" I tell him as tears fill my eyes. He kneels beside placing a hand on Amun's neck. He gasps and looks like he is about to cry. "Ramses" I say.

"His dead" he says.

"No, your lying!" I cry. "He was healthy and was fine" I state.

"This is the Hebrews god's work" Ramses says.

"What? God killed my son?" I ask shocked. I then remember what god told me. He said Amun would find peace and no longer be scared. Amun is finally free. "But why weren't we warned? Why kill an innocent child?" I ask.

"Moses tried to tell me, that something else was coming. Worse then anything before, I didn't believe him" Ramses tells me.

"He warned you? And you didn't tell me?" I demand getting angry. "Why would you ignore his warning, after the last nine plagues. We could of saved Amun" I tell him. "But your stubbornness and pride, lead to our son's death. This is yours and Moses fault!" I scream slapping him.

"I never wanted anything to happen to Amun" he tells me weakly.

"Yeah, well now he is dead. You are not the man I fell in love with and married" I tell him.

"What are you saying?" he asks me.

"We're over Ramses, I vowed to be with you until the gods separate us and they have" I state. I look back at my son. "Amun, I love you with all my heart. You are safe now and at peace. God will protect you" I say and kiss his forehead before leaving the room.

(Time skip)

I packed a small bag of belongings and put on my Hebrew entire. I go wait by the gate Moses appears. I glare at him before looking back at Egypt. "I'm sorry Iris, I never wanted to hurt you" he tells me.

"Doesn't change what you did" I tell him annoyed. "You let my son die and for that I'll never forgive you. Ramses is inside" I tell him and he sighs in defeat. Walking away as I wait for him.

(Throne room) Third Persons POV

Moses enters the room to see Ramses hugging his dead son close. Tears in his eyes. But not falling. Ramses lays his son down and covers him with a blanket. "You and your people, have my permission to go" Ramses tells him defeated. Moses goes to console him and Ramses slaps his hand away. "Leave me!" he shouts his voice cracking. Moses sighs and leaves returning to Iris.

Iris' POV

Moses returned and we left the palace. We go to Aaron and Mariam's home. "Iris" Mariam says shocked. She runs over to me and hugs me tightly. I hug her tightly as I break. I start to sob into her shoulder. Aaron joins us hugging me.

"I'm so sorry Iris" Mariam says.

"It's not your fault" I tell her. "It's Moses and Ramses" I state.

"Iris..." Mariam tries to speak.

"No, because of them I lost my son and the man I loved. I'm only here because it's time I stopped pretending to be something I'm not" I state. "I not Queen of Egypt or Egyptian. I am Hebrew and I will leave with all of you" I declare.

"We're glad your home cousin" Aaron tells me and I smile weakly.

"I'm pregnant" I tell them.

"Really?" Mariam and Tzipporah ask excited.

"Yes, my baby will not be a pawn for Ramses to use. He or she will be free" I state. "God told me they will live a long life, filled with love and happiness" I tell them. "Amun is now at peace and safe from his father's influence" I add looking out the window at the palace.

"What did the pharaoh say?" Aaron asks Moses.

"We are all free to go, spread the word. We leave now" Moses tells him. Aaron nods his head and left to spread the word. Mariam and Tzipporah packed all the food & water they had. While I wait by the door holding my stomach protectively.

I notice a slight bump forming and smile. "You'll be free my child, I love you so much" I say. "I only wish you could of meet your father and brother. Before all this madness" I state.

A/N

Picture above of Ramses with Amun.