Chapter 14: The Reunion Special (Segment 3)

The Reunion Special (Segment 3)

BODIES OF WATER
S1 E30 - Reunion Special
Close Captioned • Recorded Live

*COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT OF TELEVISION BROADCAST*

[Studio audience applauds. Cora and Jamie are seated onstage on a couch, with host Danna Morton standing opposite.]

HOST: So tell us, Cora, how does it feel to be reunited with Jamie here today?

CORA: It's weird. Kind of surreal.

HOST: What do you mean by that?

CORA: Fake, I guess? Forced? I don't feel like I'm my real self with all these people watching.

HOST: What about you, Jamie? Did you miss Cora?

JAMIE: Yes. [To Cora] I tried to reach you. Robbie wouldn't tell me where you were.

CORA: That was probably for the best.

HOST: Your time together in Cozumel was almost cut much shorter. Should we look at another clip?

[Fade in to a wide shot of Danna, Jamie, and Cora standing on the beach beside a pair of easels.]

HOST: The game's called "Not My Type on Paper." Are you two ready to show me your portraits of each other?

JAMIE: Ladies first.

HOST: Go ahead, Cora. Let's see it.

[Cora turns an easel to reveal her picture.]

JAMIE: [Laughing] What in the world is that supposed to be?

HOST: Is it some kind of toad?

CORA: An Amazonian dart frog. It's believed to be the most poisonous amphibian on the planet.

 It's believed to be the most poisonous amphibian on the planet

HOST: Is that how you see Jamie here?

JAMIE: She sees straight through me. Why am I blue and purple though?

CORA: Dart frogs are known for their vibrant colors. They're beautiful to look at, but the striking looks are how they warn the other creatures to stay away.

HOST: Ahh, so you admit you find Jamie good looking, then?

JAMIE: Yes. Do you find me handsome, Miss Eyre?

CORA: What did you call me?

JAMIE: You're supposed to say, "No, sir. But beauty is of little consequence." Something like that, isn't it?

CORA: Are you quoting things at me again?

JAMIE: Jane Eyre. Your favorite. Do try to keep up!

[Jump cut to movie trailer from Jane Eyre, 2011]