Chapter 57- The End

Declan's dad invited my parents over the morning after prom

Natalie had spent the night at my house and Adam and Cyrus has spent the night at Declan's, so we were all going to see each other again.

We were past curfew last night because we found an after-party to attend. It was such a good night, and dad was surprisingly lenient about me being late, even after all the threats he spewed before we left.

To say I was nervous to meet Declan's dad was an understatement. I had been texting Declan all morning rambling and asking him questions about what I should wear and things like that. His response was stop worrying so much, you're overthinking it, and you could show up in your pajamas and he would still love you.

So as helpful as that was, Natalie helped me pick out an outfit instead. It was just a cute casual dress with some lace-up boots and a lightweight jacket to throw over. Then, Natalie and my parents were all on our way to Declan's.

"Fancy place," dad said under his breath when we parked outside. "What did you say his dads name is again?"

"Uh- I didn't," I replied. "His name is Declan's dad in my head."

"Wow, look at their garden!" mom gushed as we walked towards the door. She was big on gardens.

Declan opened the door to let us in. Julie was there shortly after saying hi to my parents and she and my mom went on to a discussion about gardening. Dad was just standing there politely smiling and staying quiet.

Declan said hi to my parents, kissed my cheek, and took the dessert that we brought from Natalie so he could walk the two of us to the kitchen. Cyrus and Adam were for once not arguing like twelve-year-old boys, but instead, they were helping the cook lay out plates and utensils. Wait- nope, they were arguing again.

But when Cyrus sees Natalie, he stops short. Then he's smiling and greeting her so the rest of us move aside to give them some privacy. Obliviously though, we still watched. Cyrus was so much more confident in himself now, easily gliding through a conversation I couldn't hear. His confidence seemed to rub off on Natalie. Where I had always known her to be shy and sweet and more timid, she was suddenly completely sure of herself. Her confidence lit her up and that smile looked so good on her.

"Maybe I am ready for something exclusive and serious," Adam spoke out as we watched them. I see him turn to Declan and the two just stare at each other for a while before they burst out laughing at the same time. I just roll my eyes as our parents walk in.

"Where's your dad?" I ask Declan.

"Oh, he's here. He just had to wrap up some emergency work stuff and he'll be down soon."

"ROWENA!" Little Parker and Evelyn come running into the room and tackle me in a hug. I nearly fall over from the force of it.

"Hi, you guys!" I hug them back.