Chapter 2

Dedicated to AwesometasticBailey. She helped a lot describing someone. ;) Also, I have no idea the difference between London and Dublin, I've never been there XD So you foreigners please tell me if something's not right. I am American! Also, don't you guys love the new cover photo? SO much better than the last

***

The flat wasn't that bad, it was better than what I've had before. Mrs. Hudson was very sweet and I was thankful for that. Sherlock seemed like a pain in the neck, he didn't seem to care about anything but his cases. Typical man. After Mrs. Hudson showed me the flat and let me put my things down she invited me to her flat for a cup of tea. I gladly accepted it, she seemed like the nicest one around here, maybe other than John.

After she handed me my cup of tea she began to ask me questions about myself.

"So I guess you worked for Sherlock's brother?" she asked and I nodded taking a sip.

"In more ways than less. But yes, I did work for him, for nearly ten years." I said and she smiled.

"That's good, you seem like such a hard worker. It's a good thing you retired, I bet you needed a break." she said and I smiled. She seemed very nice, I was surprised to not hear her hounding me with questions about my job. Most people do, that's a reason I kept it a secret most of the time.

"I hope you and the boys get along, I know you will with John. Sherlock just has to warm up to you." she said with a wink and I laughed.

"I hope so, or I may be finding me somewhere else. Mycroft on the other hand seems to think he'll warm up to me, I just hope he's right." I replied quietly and she nodded.

We continued talking about things. Our lives, jobs and how everything had been going. It felt nice to talk to someone who just wanted to talk. No case debriefings, information swapping or talking about missions. Just good old fashioned talk, I realized how much I missed it. I knew this would be a great start for me. Starting over, was just what I needed. We talked for a few hours and then bid our goodbyes. My new flat had already been furnished with a bed so I had no other place to sleep that night.

Sleep came slowly, and as usual was filled with nightmares. Bombs, agonizing screams, gun shots coming at me, and an awful lot of running. I had been having these dreams for as long as I could remember, I had taken every type of medication known to man to stop them. (Though the dreams weren't always the same.) But they never worked. Doctors didn't know what was wrong with me, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, they could never figure it out. I gave up sooner or later with trying to fix it, I could suffer through a little less sleep at night. That's what coffee's for, right?

The next morning I quickly learned I had no food in my new flat yet, and not even coffee. Ooh, this'll be a problem, I thought to myself as I searched my bag for something, but no such luck. I could probably get dressed and go to that Speedy's cafe downstairs, but I'm to lazy to get dressed.

I knew Mrs. Hudson would be asleep still, but maybe John would be awake? Hopefully John, I didn't want to talk to Sherlock, he was probably just as bad in the morning as he was last night. I quickly walked up the stairs to 221B to beg for something with caffeine. I could already feel the headache coming on because of the withdrawal symptoms.

I knocked on the door and after several seconds the door was answered by John. "Have you got anything with caffeine?" I asked, and then realized I was still in my sleepwear when he looked at me strangely. I forced a blush down as John agreed and then let me inside the flat. As I walked into their messy kitchen I saw Sherlock sitting in his chair, dressed and awake. As I made my cup I could feel the stare he gave me as I passed him, out of all nights I decide to wear a tank top and short shorts to bed? But Sherlock wouldn't be staring at me that way would he? I mean he's a total pain in the butt who could care less about someone. he's probably 'deducing' or whatever he calls it.