12 - Amends

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

I told him I'd just leave him once he fell asleep, and that really was my plan, but I think I ended up falling asleep before he did.

You can't blame me. It was nice to be held like that, the only source of entertainment I had was the demon in the corner of the room all night, and it was already late. I was tired.

I don't think he cared though. Like, at all. I woke up with him literally on top of me, suffocating me.

I'm surprised I didn't die in my sleep. Or at least break a couple of ribs.

It took everything I had to push him off of me without waking him up. He just mumbled something and stirred around a little so I don't think I woke him up which is good because he's going to be hung over bad this morning.

I got us some pancakes and him some coffee as well as a little bit of water from the lobby. I try to be quiet as I open the door and walk in.

I left the light off and the curtains closed as to not bombard him with everything all at once. His headache will be blinding.

I'd love to let him sleep, but it's already one in the afternoon. Our flight leaves at two-thirty.

"Alex," I quietly call, shaking his shoulder. "C'mon, get up." I huff. "I got pancakes." I offer. "They're good."

Alex's eyebrows furrow as he squints open his eyes. He scowls at me, his scowl hardening when he brings his hand to his temple. "Fuck," He grumbles. His voice is coated with sleep, deep and slow.

I nod. "I know," I whisper as I give him a water bottle. "Sit up." I softly order. Alex grunts in response, but he sits up and chugs his water.

"Who let me drink so much?" Alex huffs.

I smile. "I tried." I shrug. Alex shakes his head, drinking more of the water. "Okay, got you a coffee and pancakes with a piece of toast." I announce, setting the plastic plate next to him. I take the covering off of the plate.

Alex stares at the pancakes with knitted brows. "Did I bump into something?" He mumbles as he rubs his head a little.

I nod. "Yeah...a wall." I cringe. "I'm sorry, I thought you'd be able to walk on your own."

Alex doesn't answer me and sits up a little more, staring to eat his pancakes. "Thanks," He mutters. I just nod and sit on my own bed, eating mine. "Did we uh..." Alex trails off. He shakes his head. "Never mind."

I sigh. "What? Sleep together? No. Well, technically no."

Alex looks at me. "Technically?" He mumbles.

I shake my head. "No—I mean like...you kinda wanted me to lay with you so I did," Alex nods, seemingly remembering that. "I told you I'd leave after you fell asleep but I think I fell asleep before you did. So we slept together, but we didn't sleep together." I explain.

Alex nods and stares at his food. "Did you get your job back?"

I smile. "I did!" Alex shakes his head at me. "Never thought I'd see drunk Alex." I murmur.

"Yeah? What do you think?"

I hum and glance at the ceiling. "You're very...nice." I decide. "You complimented me a lot." I smile.

Alex sighs. "Great."

I laugh. "I'm the prettiest girl you've ever seen." I brag. Alex rolls his eyes at me. "Don't worry. I won't forget that deal." I assure him. "We'll forget it."