Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Azalea Village

It took us another two hours to finally reach our destination. The mountains and vast blue sky brought incredible scenery enough to remind me why this place meant so much to me.

"This is heaven," Kristan mumbled.

I chuckled. "The only heaven where we are welcome. This is the Azalea Village— a small community of vampires. I once lived in here."

It took us another ten minutes to finally get into the village. The censorious look of the vampires welcomed us. Some would even dare to walk close to us, smelling us and even touch us. I didn't mind because they were harmless, so did Kristan.

"Do they know we are vampires?" he asked.

"Only vampires can enter this place, so most probably, yeah."

A potent magic spell bounded this small village. Only vampires can get into here or even see it. They were just being weird and critical since this was their first time seeing us. It's a small community, after all. They knew each other.

Yeah. It's really been a long time since I came here.

We have finally reached the most prominent house in this community. It's a Victorian-style house. Unlike from the city, the homes here were not gated.

I parked my motorbike beside Terrence's. Mukhang nauna na talaga siya rito. Hindi lang niya alam ang lugar na ito, tila kilala rin siya.

The pointed arch door suddenly opened. Napangiti ako nung makita ang isang babae na nakaputing bistida. Hinawakan niya ang laylayan ng damit bago dali-daling lumapit sa akin.

"Nathalia!" she immediately hugged me.

I hugged her back. "Mother..."

No. She's not literally my mother. But since she is the leader of this small village, they all consider her their mother. They just don't see her as their leader but also as a family. I really think a good leader is a good listener.

"I couldn't believe you really came back as you promised us." She faced me, teary-eyed. Hinaplos pa niya ang pisngi ko. "You still look so beautiful."

"Really fitting to this place," I kidded and sighed. "I missed this place."

She laughed before finally turning to Kristan.

Kristan knew it was his turn to introduce himself. He cleared his throat and respectfully offered his right hand. "I'm Kristan, Milady. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Mother just stared at him.

"I'm Nathalia's friend," he added, confused.

Sa halip na tanggapin ang kamay niya ay hinawakan siya sa pisngi ni Lady Tania. Iyon ang pangalan niya, pero mas gusto niyang tinatawag na mother.

"Nathalia has a friend..." Mother whispered.

I blushed in embarrassment. I lived here, but I didn't even make friends. I was always alone, and no one dared to talk to me. Siguro ay dahil ayoko rin. I was healing at that time. I didn't feel like to need anyone.

"That's right, Milady. I am your daughter's friend."

Mother cupped his face in her hands and kissed both of his cheeks. Kristan looked uncomfortable, but he tried to smile at her.

"Welcome to Azalea Village, Gentleman."

"Where's Lady Massie and Lady Dinah, Mother?" I asked.

Tinalikuran na ni Lady Tania si Kristan para humarap sa akin. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at hinaplos. Tila hindi pa rin makapaniwala na andito na ako.