Summer 1997

A/N: This story was based on a dream I had last 201a. I thought it would make a good plot since I like horror stories.

It was summer of 1997 when something strange and unexplainable happened to me and to my group of friends. Something that up until this point, haunt my dreams.

"Where are we going?" I asked, anxiously looking around the neighborhood. The plastic folder where I've kept my newly bought and traded scented stationeries was tucked in the safety of my arm while I pedaled my bike slowly after my friends.

"Well..." Peter started, slowing down and looking thoughfully at the night sky where the full moon shone brightly. "Didn't we all agreed to have a go at the cursed house after the Cemetery?"

Peter Sumners was an eight year old gangly and freckled blonde boy. Her mom raised him and his two other siblings all by herself after her father allegedly went after his secretary. Peter hates talking about his father and spends most of her time sulking and hating people silently. He's not that hateful. Its just that, he wanted to be so much like his dad only to know that he wasn't the man his son thought he was.

I took a good long look at my watch. It says 9:45pm. If my mum finds out that I'd gone through that part of the town, I'll be grounded for the rest of my life.

"Isn't it a bit too late for roaming around that part of the town?" I asked again, earning myself an odd look from Peter. "I.. We don't even know what's in there.. What's waiting for us. Can we at least go tomorrow when the sun is up?"

"If you want to chicken out, Hannah, then fine." Angie replied without looking at me. "But we're going."

I bit my lower lip as a means of reply. Sometimes, I hate Angie for acting all so mighty and bossy over us. My mom used to say that I should understand Angie because like Peter, she was having trouble in the family too. But to tell you the truth, she was the most unfortunate when in comes to family matters. You see, her mother and father were drug addicts so she was raised by her grandmother who can barely feed her. And then one day, her mother came back with a new boyfriend, took her and her grandma to live in here.

Angie, as I remember, was a skinny girl with red hair. She always wore a smirk on her face. She was the one who coaxed Peter and the others with the stupid plan of sneaking in that cursed house and made us believed that the topic had came out randomly from her mouth, during our monopoly game. She began this conversation about Denver Larssen and Jason Withers who disappeared without a trace just two weeks ago.

Denver and Jason weren't the nicest kids in Pennsylvania so kids like us would most likely leave them alone while they do their dumb business, but some kids had overheard them talking about sneaking on the cursed house after class. And then they were gone. The authorities weren't able to find anybody inside the house and in the surrounding places. They'd even searched the next town only to end up in vain.

The news about Denver and Jason spread like wildfire and became the talk of the town and the neighboring towns as well. Who would disappear like that?

What about the cursed house?

My nana used to tell me about it.

It used to be the most beautiful house during the 1930's. The family who lived there were of Spanish decent. I think their last name sounded similar to Sobrepena. Anyway, being rich and powerful, the house hosted many parties and even my nana and some of the old folks like Angie's nana were invited. But one day, everything had changed.

The Sobrepena had disappeared. The family lawyer wasn't consulted at this sudden migration, like all the people wanted to believe. They should have left something, he told nana. A legal document, perhaps but the Sobrepena head had never gotten in touch with him and the family was never seen again.