𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒

In a blink, a whole week passed just like that. Nandini would spend time with Ayaan every day for most of the day. She'd go after lunch and comeback in the evening. It wasn't like she didn't ask for permission. She did. She'd ask Sunita and Vanraj before going and they's always happily allowed her to go as they knew it was someone who made Nandini happy and they wanted Nandini to spend time out of the house, instead of staying in these walls her entire day. They didn't want her asking permission either.

Nandini would also text Armaan, telling him she is going with Ayaan and Armaan never usually responded. Nandini took that as a 'whatever' and went out with Ayaan. But she didn't know that her texts would trigger Armaan and would press the wrong button. The button of jealousy. Armaan had been jealous it since the past week, even though he didn't admit. He always thought of ways to get rid of Ayaan.

When he'd come home at night, Nandini would be busy in the balcony or busy ranting about Ayaan. Armaan would always shut her up and make her go to bed. Nandini didn't really seem to see his jealousy as she knew Armaan always had some temper issues. But she doesn't know that her husband dies in jealousy every single day, just because of her close relationship with another man.

• • • • •

Nandini had just came downstairs to make breakfast when she was stopped by a worker. "Nandini di, there is someone here to meet you. They're waiting in the guest area." Nandini was confused by her words. Someone wanted to meet her, and that to, this early?

Nandini nodded at the worker, politely, and the worker walked away. Curious, Nandini went towards the guest area while playing with the hem of her dupatta, which she'd do when she was a bit confused. And at the moment, she was confused.

But when Nandini walked in, she was startled to see Ayaan sitting on the sofa, looking around. When he noticed Nandini he got up with a grin. Nandini, who was still a bit confused, walked towards him. "You're here? This early?" Ayaan just smiled and said, "Yes I am, because I need to take you somewhere and it is a bit far away from here. So we need to leave now so we can get you home on time."

Nandini furrowed her eyebrows and Ayaan knew what she was going to ask next. "Where-" "We are going to the same beach that we'd go to during the summer to hide from Darsh and Jhanvi." Nandini's lips twitched upwards into a huge smile. "Really!?" Ayaan just nodded with a smile. "You're the best Ayaan!" Chucking, he said, "I know. Now go get ready or else I'll leave you."

"Ok, but first I need to tell everyone. And actually, come with me. You can meet the family. Dadu also wanted to meet you." Before Ayaan could even oppose, Nandini dragged him alongside with her towards the living room. She knew the family must be in the living room, sipping their tea before breakfast, like any other day.

And she was right. They all looked over at her and Vanraj was the first one to notice Ayaan. He knew who he was as Nandini had showed him pictures. "Looks like we have a guest." Nandini just smiled at Vanraj and walked towards him, while Ayaan just followed her with a smile.

"You must be Ayaan, the famous friend of our Nandini." Ayaan nodded, grinning, and said, "You must be dadu, the famous and most funny man of the house." Vanraj chuckled and agreed. "And we are the not so famous parents of Nandini." Ayaan greeted Sunita and Vikrant and not even a few seconds in, they all hit off very easily.

While listening to Vanraj, Ayaan gestured Nandini to say what they were here for. It had slipped out of Nandini's mind, making her mouth form into an 'o' shape. "Actually, Ayaan had came to take me god knows where. But we'll be back by the evening. So...-" "You don't even have to ask. I'm actually glad you get out of the house more often. It's good for your youth." With a grin, Nandini squealed and hugged Sunita. "Thanks maa!" Excitedly, Nandini ran out of the room to get ready, making the rest of them laugh.