Chapter Nineteen

TW- SUICIDE

It's been three days and I just feel, dead. I don't feel anything like happiness or relief or stress, I just feel numb. Su-hyeok is the only reason I remember to eat, he always has his arm around my waist as we walk to and from the dining room.

We were just at breakfast super early as I barely sleep now and it was just me and him. He got me a plate and I just played with my food.

"It's not your fault, it was self defense." He whispered and put an arm around my shoulder and put his chin on my shoulder.

"I-"

A blood curdling scream was heard, then another, then another.

"Stay here." Su-hyeok said and ran off towards the screams. I just ate what I could, before I heard footsteps stampeding over.

"Watch I'll show you she can turn." A voice said and someone sat down in front of me. I quickly smelt the metallic scent of blood and my heart sped up as I gulped down air. My vision was going red and back so I kept my eyes down on my plate.

I heard my friends explaining why I didn't do this and how I wasn't a zombie and just volunteered to do runs to get supplies with others.

Suddenly my heart stopped as a watched a drop of blood fall almost in slow motion onto my hash brown. I gulped as I fought the urge to either eat the hash brown or the man who was tempting me.

The next second I knew I was holding the mans wrist and twisting it, he cried in pain as I slowly stretched his wrist till it snapped.

"Who died?" I asked.

"Joon-yeong." Dae-su responded and I sighed.

"I did it." Everyone went dead silent as I stood up and looked at the group to show off my eyes, my vision still surrounded by red and veins.

"Get her out of here." Wooyoung said and I just started walking away when Nam-ra grabbed my hand.

"I saw a cell in one room with a mattress and all, she can stay there." Nam-ra suggested and everyone argued until Wooyoung yelled so loud that the silence afterwards was deafening. He said I could stay in that cell but I'd be checked on every hour.

They led me there and I closed the door myself before sitting in the corner with my knees to my chest and my head against the wall beside me.

"She's still human." On-jo pleaded.

"She killed four people in the span of a day and who know when those guys were infected. She's a monster." I didn't know how much it hurt to be called everything from a monster to a reincarnation of a demon, all in the span of five minutes. They were trying to keep me alive but we all knew from Gwi-nam that people like us can't die.

It was late at night when I heard something slide into the cell. I looked up and saw this guy sliding something closer to me.

"Use it." He said and I looked down and saw a pistol near my feet.

He walked away and I just looked at it, I picked it up and laid down with it. Feeling the cold metal with my hands and grazing the tip with my fingertips. I didn't see an end anyways so maybe if I got more serious in my injuries, I would die. I flipped over to face away from the cell bars. I hugged it to my chest before aiming it towards my face.

Opening my mouth.

Putting the tip in.

I closed my eyes as a single tear went down my check.

Three,

Two,

One,

fire.

(POV SWITCH)
(pov set Su-hyeok)

We all woke up to the sound of a gun firing, it sounded close yet muffled but still rang through my ears and off the concrete walls of the compound somehow.

We all got up and as everyone ran to where we were supposed to meet in an emergency or during a dangerous situation, the dining hall, me and Nam-ra and all of them ran to the cell to see if Y/N was okay and/or bring her to safety.

We were actually all there with Wooyoung, Kihyun, Peniel, Taehyun, and Seokjin. We watched as she rolled over to face us and just fluttered her eyes delicately open.

"Did you hear that?" Nam-ra asked.

She shook her head no.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded her head yes.

"Let's go, we need to make sure everyone else is okay." Wooyoung said and the guys just stayed and watched Y/N as she want back to sleep.

"Something doesn't feel right." Kihyun whispered.

"How so?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just know Y/N."

"Well so do I."

"Would she try and kill herself?"

"After all that, I wouldn't doubt it." I replied seriously and he looked at me, almost angry.

"Well which one of us knows Y/N better?"

I scoff and pointed to myself. "I'm her boyfriend, and I went to school with her. I know her more than you because you've known her less than a month."

"Really? You're her boyfriend?" He asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah." I said and everyone just rose the tension with their stares.

"Hey Y/N-"

"Don't wake her."

"Why? Scared to be proven a liar?" I was shocked at his statement and everyone else was too.

"I hope she eats you next." I mumbled under my breath as I began to walk away.

"Or maybe I'll eat her........