"To the Hottest Guy in the Underworld"

CW: Nothing, unless you count the fact that this is just a crack fiction. Light spoilers for my ONC entry, Codename: DEMON. Belated Happy Valentine's day, and I hope you'll meet someone who loves you. Oh also Lucinda and Deimos, yeah, those, too :iminnocent:

More information at the end of the story

⊱───────⋆✩✿✩⋆───────⊰

It was that time of the year again. That time when Deimos would lock himself in his office or room and pretend that he didn't exist for an entire day. That time of the year when he would pile all the work he intentionally missed during the beginning of February just so he could excuse himself with his work and that they were almost due. That time of the year when he would make sure that his drawers were locked and photos were inaccessible for twenty-four hours just so he wouldn't stare at his old pictures for an entire day.

Today was Valentine's Day.

For the past decade, maybe even more, he had been successful at avoiding Valentine's Day. Things went like how they always went--he would intentionally not do any work during the end of January and beginning of February, pretend he was working in his office when he was actually just staring at his wall, and then once the fated day would arrive, he would excuse himself from any events just so he could avoid seeing couples.

Usually, he was successful. A few reminders from his calendars or the internet would pop up here and there, and sometimes he would have no choice but to go outside and see a subordinate or two exchanging gifts, but those were easy to avoid. If it irritated him, he would just look away. After all, other people still deserved to find love.

So when Zeus assigned a mission to him that involved going outside during Valentine's Day, he was tempted to leave his glasses behind and walk in the city blind.

Dealing with their debtors that had owed them money for years now wasn't usually a job for him. Sometimes, when really needed, he was the one assigned to deal with those people. But those were in rare situations. Zeus knew about his pile of work that he needed to finish, she knew that he couldn't handle another mission right now. And yet, she still made him go out and do her dirty work that someone lower than him should have done.

It went like how things usually went. He found the debtor, reminded them of the money they owed, and then sent them off with a warning. Granted, multiple stab wounds were probably unneeded, but they weren't fatal. Just enough to send a message.

And when he stepped inside the Underworld's HQ, he swore that, out of them three Underworld Furies, Zeus hated him the most.

He had forgotten about the annual Valentine's party she throws for the entire Underworld.

The Underworld, which was usually lit in deep reds and blacks, was filled with bright pinks, reds, and whites. Large red roses greeted him at the entrance, and a few confetti fell down his hair as soon as he stepped inside. The sight of it made him scoff, and he patted it away from his head. Great, he was going to have difficulty removing this from his hair later. As if he didn't have issues with his hair enough already.

With a scowl, Deimos dusted his way through the event room. There were a few people inside, chatting and having moments with each other. If he would hurry up, he could still run to his quarters and--

"Sir Silveria!"

Why did the world hate him so much?

A sigh left his lips as he turned to his right. Another of the Furies, Gianna, waved a hand as she walked towards his direction. "It's my first time seeing you at a Valentine's party."