•|author's note

Thus we bid the sordid tale of Mina a goodbye

Thus we bid the sordid tale of Mina a goodbye. It was an exciting journey full of ups and downs and loads of challenges for me as a writer. And I hope that readers have liked this dark tale of mine.

The idea for this came to me way before ONC but it was very different from what it is now. It was supposed to be a retelling of Dracula (the original book, not the cinematic adaptations) where a series of murders occurs in Andrasville in vampiric style, the primary victim being a mysterious woman, Wilhelmina Andras.

Yvaine was supposed to be an investigator who had been transferred to this town to solve the mystery behind the serial killings. She was a Van Helsing of sorts. Amberly was supposed to be the younger sister of Yvaine, a naive college-going girl. She was the embodiment of Lucy Westenra (my favourite character from the novel, btw). And I won't reveal what the other characters were supposed to represent whom from Dracula. It's for you to guess and I would very much love to hear your interpretations ;)

But I did not know how to begin. But on the morning of February the 1st, three different prompts of ONC gave me a base for this story to be formed. With some guidance from Shivran86, I chose prompt 56 and began to write.

I scrapped much of its original storyline because I thought it would be too big to be fit into only 20-40k words. From then on began a journey in which I experimented a lot with everything, the most important being the narration. Specks of its older self did remain which MarCafeWrites
had felt at once reading the story. I hope that the experiments didn't go in vain and that my readers did like them.

A big thanks to cosmic_lattes, --icaruss__, Divyansh16
Mintaka369, DauntlessShadowIce1 and all the silent readers for reading my work and supporting me on this venture and know that it means a lot to me. A big thanks to Exequinne & Atwin_May for designing the covers for this book. You guys rock :^)

Lastly, thank you to EmrysRhodri for forming the ONC Warriors book club and to my book club partners for taking their time to read and review my work. Their suggestions are going to be very helpful while editing this book. I don't know how this work will fare in the ONC but I am grateful to this competition for making me meet and make friends with so many wonderful people. You people are the best and I love you.

Thus with this ends the author's note. Once again thank you for sticking with me throughout this journey!

 Once again thank you for sticking with me throughout this journey!