03

"All right dancers, let's do this!" Miss Kate yelled announcing the start of the auditions causing everyone to cheer and clap their hands. "Group One, I have Daniel, West, Emily and Stephanie." The four dancers moved to the back-center of the floor, their friends and people around them wishing good luck as they went. "Okay, Daniel, you're first."

The brown haired boy stepped forward as music started to play. He had amazing technical skill, everything was perfectly placed, his toes pointed, turns immaculate. It was like watching a river flow.

"I started dancing when I was seven years old," Daniel said beginning to explain his story. "That was kind of hard for me because everyone had started dancing at The Next Step three or four years before me, but it's given me a really strong work ethic because I've had to work so hard to catch up to them. If I don't make it into A-troupe, I think that would end my dance career because what chance is there of me becoming a professional dancer if I can't even make it into A-troupe?"

Stephanie was next, also coming out extremely strong with an immaculate trick. The E-Girls cheered her on as she turned and flipped through the music.

"I dance because I love it, and it's become such a huge part of my life that I really can't picture myself doing anything else," Stephanie said.

The next dancer was, West. He was auditioning to move from B to A and immediately caught Ava's eye. His body moved almost robotically but it was so smooth and fit the music so well. 

"My dance background, I was part of this street dance crew," West began. "And then last year I auditioned for B-troupe. So, now, this year, I'm auditioning for A, and I want to take my dancing to the ultimate level.

Emily was next, strutting to the Center of the floor.

"I've been here since I was two," she began explaining her backstory. "I did baby ballet here, I've done J-troupe, B-troupe and A-troupe. My best friend, Stephanie, goes here, my sister goes here. It's my life.

"Let's go on, Group Two. We have Beth, Riley, Charlie, Chloe and Ava," Kate yelled over the music as the girl shook her head and her hands preparing for her audition. James said the classic 'don't even worry about it' and Eldon cheered her on as she walked to her spot. 

"Riley, can I just get in here?" Emily babied her sister going to tighten the Bobby pin in her hair.

"What? No, stop." Riley said swatting her hand away.

"Do you want it to fall out when you dance?" The older sister raised her eyebrows at the girl.

"Riley is my baby sister," Emily smiled. "So I am pretty protective of Riley."

"You know, I got into dance because of her, she was my inspiration," Riley said. "Sometimes she can be a little overprotective but, at the end of the day, I love her to death and, you know, she always has my back."

"She's my sister. I just love her."

Beth was first up beginning her solo all right, all though it lacked the fine technique. She then attempted a back walkover, unfortunately failing and falling back down.

"When Beth messes up in the audition, I'm just thinking, She's not A-troupe material," Stephanie shook her head.

Riley was next, starting with showing of her hip-hop moves and then moving onto contemporary. Emily's sister was by far the nicest of the e-girls, being fairly kind to Ava when her sister and friends weren't around.

"I'm a little nervous auditioning for A-troupe because at any point, my spot could be taken by somebody else."

Whilst the dancer, Charlie, did his solo, Ava and James watched in humour at their blonde friend wondering over to Emily. "Hey," he said casually as the dance captain looked at him witch eyes that just said 'ew'.