Chapter One

It had been a year since the castaways had been rescued from the island. After a chance encounter with a coast guard naval helicopter had discovered them floating on their large raft that they built in hopes out racing an incoming tsunami which wiped out the island that they had been trapped on for fifteen years.

A year since they had returned to their normal lives trying to pick up where they had lost off.

Gilligan and the Skipper had bought a new boat which they named the Minnow II. They were now equal partners. At least on paper. The Skipper still viewed him as his little buddy though that bumbling buffoon he had been when they had first washed up on the shore on the island was long gone.

The years on the island had taken its toll on William Gilligan like it did all of them. He stopped being the dumb kid that he was around the fourth or fifth year of their exile. After facing off with a mad scienctist, a big game hunter who wanted to kill him, head hunters from the nearby islands, and a Russian spy who had been surgically alerted to look like him his innocence died.

He had reestablish contact with his family only to learn that his parents had died one year before their rescue. His brother was killed in Vietnam leaving behind a young widow and two little boys. One of which he named William.

They lived in New Jersey where his sister and her family lived. He had spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with them. He loved getting to know his nephew and nieces.

And it was because of them that he was in New York. That he was walking up to the front door of their mansion. He raised his hand to know on the thick oak and hesitated. Maybe this is a mistake he thought. The Skipper is right I should not bother the Howells with this. He would probably hit me with hat if he knew I came out here against his wished.

Stop it he thought. You are thirty six year old man not a kid. A thirty year six year old man about to get married to the only woman you ever loved. A woman who fully supported you coming here and would be here herself if she did not have to work.

I don't care what the Skipper thinks. This is something I have to do. And if he doesn't like fine. Perhaps it's time for us to part company. Mary Anne and I can start our own tour boat company.

Gilligan knocked on the door and an older man answered it. "Mister Gilligan."

"Hi Jeeves." He said.

"Come in." The butler said and stepped aside to allow him in. "Were they expecting you."

"No." Gilligan shook his head.

"Why don't you wait in the drawing room and I will let them know you are here."

"Thank you Jeeves."

I'm doing the right thing he thought as he walked in.

Gilligan walked into the drawing room and his eyes fell on a mantle above the fireplace which was lined with pictures. Pictures of them and the other castaways. One from the parade in Honolulu when they were first rescued. Another of him and Skipper on the Minnow II at its inagural launch. One attended by both Mary Jane and Ginger.

The professor at his new job at Harvard teaching psychics. He was loving the fact that he could be a pure academic once again. That he did not have to worry about keeping them alive from disease or fighting gigantic spiders.

Ginger on the set of her newest picture with two young movie stars named Burt Reynolds and Clint Eastwood. She was dating a director of one of her films and believed that he will propose soon.

Which Gilligan thought was kick but that's Hollywood.

A picture of him and Mary Anne when they attended a air show. A air show that wrong way Feldman was at too. The last he heard he had disappeared once again but Gilligan was sure he would be back. He always came back.