002. a beautiful, wild country

CHAPTER TWOa beautiful, wild country 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CHAPTER TWO
a beautiful, wild country

CHAPTER TWOa beautiful, wild country 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

April 1968 
Inverness, Scotland 

 THE WAKE CAME TO AN END AN HOUR AFTER THE RANDALL FAMILY HAD ARRIVED. Most of the guests had already left, though few still lingered. The Randalls were standing on the sidelines, watching as everyone offered the Reverend's adoptive son their condolences one last time before leaving. Roger Wakefield thanked everyone for coming, and as the last of the guests walked out the door, he was left standing with the three Randalls. As they approached him, it was Claire that spoke in a gentle voice.

 "Well, we should be going."

 Roger's expression changed upon hearing those words and they could tell he was not yet ready to say good-bye to them. Most importantly, to his sister, Brian noticed, for his eyes lingered on her once more.

 "Not all the way back to London?"

 "Oh, no, we'll drive as far as we can and then stop at a pub for the night," Claire reassured. 

 "There's plenty of room here if you'd like to stay," Roger offered without hesitation.

 Claire shook her head, and even though she turned the offer down, a part of her wanted to stay a little while, for she had longed to one day return and now she had. "Oh, we couldn't possibly impose."

 Roger scoffed. "You wouldn't be. In fact, I'd welcome the company. It's a big house."

 "Sounds better than jolting down the wrong side of the road in the dark," Brianna piped up, glancing at their mother with a shrug, as if to say, it couldn't hurt to stick around for a little while.

 "Is that an insult to my driving?" Brian asked with an offended expression. "Because I'm a great driver. Especially at night. Better than the both of you, in fact."

 Brianna gave her brother a look. "Tell that to the scratch on daddy's car."

 He gaped at her. "I was fifteen. Plus, it was my first lesson with dad and it happened to be raining that day so the windows were all foggy. Give me a break, Bree."

Deep Heart's Core ✶ Outlanderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें