33 | daddy

I travel my eyes around the classic restaurant Aiden and I step into

I travel my eyes around the classic restaurant Aiden and I step into. The place is dim-lit and feels extravagant with its tan leather banquettes, emerald green walls, and equestrian-inspired arts.

I spot men and women in formal attires having their lunch. This makes me feel even more out of place, especially when Aiden is also looking formal in his office suit.

I can't help but look down at my outfit and feel embarrassed. However, I barely have time to have a second thought because the waitress is already ushering us toward our seats.

Aiden sits down, and as soon as I do, he notices my uneasiness.

"Is there something wrong?" he asks with concern.

"I just--" I bite my lower lip. "I just didn't expect that we would be walking into such an exclusive restaurant. If I had known, I would have dressed more appropriately."

I expect him to respond with humor, but his eyes soften instead.

"I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but I'd thought about choosing a secluded place where we can eat without having to worry about reporters or nosy people around," he says. "I know how much it will trouble you if we're seen."

Now that he says it, I get his point. I'm the one who expressed my concern that whatever happened in the penthouse should be kept a secret.

It will lead to chaos if my parents know about it, especially when there's a picture of me and Aiden in the media. Dad wouldn't stop asking questions, and I don't know how I would be able to get out of it.

I almost forgot that Aiden is the son of one of our country's most loved superstars.

Even though he doesn't get as much spotlight as his mother does, he's still quite well-known.

Guilt begins to fill me, not only for my parents but also for Aiden.

On the day I met Aiden in Seattle, Aiden had suggested that he would tell my parents and apologize to them about the incident with the security guard, but I begged him not to. I'm the one who insisted on not telling the truth.

The waitress comes back to our table and hands us the menu. I order a cheeseburger, and Aiden's eyebrows raise.

Right. No matter how fancy the restaurant we're in, I still crave my favorite food. It doesn't help that the said food seems to be served more sophisticatedly in this restaurant. I just want to try a lot of versions of it. I feel like a kid.

After we finish ordering, Aiden says 'thank you' to the waitress, and I notice her cheeks turning pink.

Who can blame her, though? Aiden is the hottest man I've ever laid my eyes on. I'm even positive that he's the hottest man on earth.

My cheeks heat up at that thought. Did I just think...?

God, I need water.

I grab the glass in front of me and bring it to my mouth, only to find that it hasn't even been filled with water. I place it back on the table quietly.