Dreaming of you

(The bold and italics will be thoughts, and the underlined will be pov and scene)

TW: talks about violence and murder.
—————————————————————-

Julia's apartment

I tossed and turned all night long. I couldn't stop thinking of him... he swarmed my head with confusing thoughts. And the dreams were even more confusing. I dreamt of our encounter over and over, however it changed every time. Most of the time he kills me. When points that gun at me I take my fate like the rest of them and he shoots me with no hesitation. He looks so cold and scary. His eyes are not right... they are dark and sad. He looks right through me and shoots. I awake in a cold sweat gasping for air. Only to fall right back asleep and back into the same nightmare. over and over again. I try to scream but nothing comes out. I let him kill me every time.

However, this last time I dreamt it was different... His eyes were no longer cold and scary, they were filled with excitement. I could see how green they were. he looked peaceful. He lowered his gun and walked slowly towards me. Stopping right in front if me He cupped his hands around my face and brought his mouth close to my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck, it made my skin crawl. his skin just lightly brushed up against mine

"Is it wise of you to be thinking of me like this?" I could feel the smirk on his face as my body begins to heat intensely. His voice was raspy and low.  He pauses and pulls his head back only to look me up and down. I feel so nervous I turn my head away from him. He chuckles ever so slightly and with his hand still on my cheeks he pulls my face back to him. He leans in closer, his eyes now Peering into mine, our lips are almost touching. I am breathing heavily, his lips part as he speaks, "Is this what you want princess?" He is about to kiss me...

"MOEEEEE! YVONNE! WAKEEEE UPPPPPPPP!!"

My dream was so rudely cut short by the screeching words of Julia. I jolt awake and glare at her with the deadliest look I could give.

She smiles at me and giggles, "Oops Teehee"  As usual me and Yvonne were the last to wake up, neither of us are morning people. And we both definitely drank the most. "Jules what the fuck.... it's 9 am." Yvonne stares at Julia waiting for her to answered the question.  "C'mon von bon you know that I can't sleep in past 7. I have been waiting on you two for like everrrrrr. I'm SOOO boreeed"  Stephany came waltzing in and gave Julia a confused look. "What do you mean bored? We have been spending time together for the past 2 hours."  They start to argue as usual, Yvonne and I look at each other with annoyed looks and start getting up.

(The boys left around 2 am. It was quite comical to see the twins both trying to hold each other up and inevitably having Jason help them both to their apartment.)

I stand in between the two girls and yell "STOP IT!"  They both stop with wide eyes and look down to the floor embarrassed. Steph starts to speak but I give her an annoyed glance and she doesn't say anything

"Out! Both of you!"
The both sigh and slowly drag their feet out the door giving me and Yvonne a sad look when they do. Me and Yvonne get up and put the blankets back where they go. I turn to leave the room when she stops me putting a hand on my shoulder softly, making me turn back towards her Her face is sheepish and she looks afraid to say what she wants too.

"Hey moe... are you okay?" I can tell she had been debating whether or not to ask me.

"Y-yes? Why do you ask?" I have now turned fully towards her and hold my arms anxiously.

She takes a deep breath in closing her eyes and then looks directly into mine. " When you were sleeping... you were kinda crying. And you were talking and mumbling.."

"Oh? Umm what... what was I saying?" I stare at her I can feel my breath getting a little faster. God I hope I didn't say anything about the alley.

She looks and me oh waves her hands a little " oh nothing I could make out... but I was just wondering if maybe... you had been dreaming about theod.."

I take in a deep breath relieved and quickly cut her off. "No. Oh no. It wasn't anything like that!" I give her a weary smile "I don't really remember but it wasn't about that!"  Her face softens and she gives me a small smile back " okay.. I was just making sure." She pauses for just a moment and then speaks again a little more seriously. " but you know that if you were... dreaming about it again, you can talk to me? I'm always here moe..."

I take a deep breath and smile warmly at her " I know.." she turns and starts towards the door.

" Hey von?" She turns back with a smile on her face

" yeah.?"

"Thank you" she reaches out and pulls me into a small hug. " anytime."

The girls all gather in the kitchen I slowly follow in behind them. Julia hands me a bowl of my favorite cereal, and smiles warmly.  We scrunch up on the couch together and start eating our breakfast. Julia turns on the news, we sit in silence as we listen to the weather forecast for the day. I stopped paying attention and start to slip back to my dream... It was confusing and I didn't know what to make of it. Why was I thinking of him like that? HE COULD HAVE KILLED ME!  I didn't understand what about him made it so I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I mean he is a dangerous man who killed Someone right in front of me and then almost killed me as well.... I shouldn't have been thinking of kissing him I mean... that would be insane...

I was abruptly brought back from my thoughts by Julia saying my name "Moe look!" I look up to see them all staring in shock at the tv.  I start to breathe a little heavier as I study at the crime scene plastered all over the news. A crime scene that was all too familiar to me. "Omg..."

"This Horrifying scene behind me has our small city in a state of panic. Late last night behind the Starshine club on 10th avenue a brutal murder occurred. The police are saying that the victims were bludgeoned with what appears to be metal pipe of some sort, some were also strangled and ultimately shot. The brutal beatings each victim took makes it hard for Walla Walla police department to Id them. Police are also saying the malicious manner of these deaths could be closely related to those of the gang murders here in the city. But they are not ruling out other possibilities. We will have more information soon after the break here on channel 4 news KXLY"

We all sit in silence for a moment. All of our mouths are hanging open and our eyes are close to popping out of our skulls. Julia is the first to break the silence.

"...Wait... 10th avenue...but that's right near." She stops her sentence and fixates on me her face riddled with horror.

"Morgan Kathleen Blake please tell me you weren't anywhere near there last night!"

She had used my real name; I know that she must have been terrified. I had a blank expression spread on my face and I was purely paralyzed in place.  I could not tell her what really happened... If she is this scared about the possibility that I was even remotely close to that area then she would die if shew knew that I had witnessed the crimes first hand. But could I really lie to her? I put on my most convincing face and looked her directly in the eyes. "To tell you the truth..." I took a long pause really weighing my options.  All of their eyes were fully widened and they looked as though they could throw up at any moment. "I am so glad that I wasn't."

They all looked a bit more relieved. "I just thought that maybe you were because you bought those chips from that 7/11 two blocks from there.." Yvonne and Steph both ease up even more. We sit in silence for just a few moments when Yvonne says something most shocking but horrifically true.

"You could have been one of the ones they are showing on the news right now..." we all looked at her with mortified looks, but knew she was right.  Julia leaned in and gave me a huge hug, the other two joined in as well. We sat there for a couple of moments just holding each other.  I thought about what really happened last night and the gravity of it started to kick in. "... yeah, I really, really could have been."

A/N
Thank you for reading chapter two! I hope you guys like it so far!! The next chapter will be a longer one!! It might seem a bit slow rn, but I promise it pick up realllll quickkkk😅