Chapter 6

Azia

My sister should definitely be recruited to be an FBI agent or something, after all the dirt she'd dug up on Hugo Rowan Blackburn, aka, my new employer.

I'd done absolutely nothing to actually search him and dig into what I would be getting myself into, I just listened to my sister rant on about him over the laptop screen.

I'd learned... a lot.

She told me that Hugo was twenty five years old, his birthday passed two months ago meaning he was a Capricorn which was irrelevant but still information nonetheless, he was apparently also on the cover of a magazine for being the most attractive man in the world, among one or two of his brothers who were all on there at least once as well.

I was shocked at that and really wanted to search up a picture of him so calm my curiosity, but I told myself not too. because I didn't want to be, that, person.

Even though secretly, deep down, I was that person.

Instead I made my sister describe him to me, and by the way she described him, Im sure her boyfriend would've been full of jealousy if he was standing in the same room because she'd used words like delicious and drool worthy, to describe a man she only saw now, that too over a screen.

She said he was tall, and lean, and really handsome, but not in an overly manly way, more like in a boyish but achingly hot way, her words, not mine.

Plus he had dimples so immediately I agreed, he was probably attractive, even if I didn't actually get to see him myself, I fully understood why he was voted worlds most attractive man, because who could call a man with not just one, but two, deep dimples ugly? No one, thats the only answer.

I knew his age, his birthday, his eye color which was hazel, his hair color which was brown and his height all from my sisters shared words and I haven't even seen the guy before.

She told me a lot of useless information too, like that he was currently known as the tallest F1 driver at a height of six foot one. Apparently most F1 racers weren't that tall, it was unnecessary information, but again, it was information nonetheless and it seemed like my sister loved to investigate people.

Jane the FBI agent.

But the longer she scrolled, the more dirty the dirt she got on him became. All the more articles she began to come across, seeing him leave places with multiple models, actresses, business women, most single... some not.

Then she said one simple yet equally corny headline, and I realized, i'm gonna be working for some cocky dick.

The Playboy Blackburn.

As soon as I heard it, I though, hm, what a title.

We called it a night soon after that and I resisted the urge to go and find all the dirt on him myself, but I didn't want to like him any less than I already began to from what i'd deduced from my sisters words. I choose to instead give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until I actually meet him.

I was gonna work for him, I needed to have some respect for the man even if he was a bit of a, well, womanizer.

It didn't have to matter to me though.

I was just doing my job to get a pay check. At least thats what I told myself as I put on a basic straight cut blue jean and long white top sleeve since it was for some odd reason colder today than other days, I then put my white converses on before I went downstairs, thankfully having woken up early and eaten already.

So I grab my keys and take my phone and earphones with me, all in the other hand since my pockets were the size of a tic tac container.

One of the lesser of the many struggles women have. Pants pockets that hold well, nothing,

I'd already watered all my plants already when i'd gotten up so I was ready to go and start the day.

I'd also gotten a text from Sedrick telling me to get a red eye coffee, two shots espresso in it, not just one, and a coffee.

I remember Sedrick having a coffee with the white color so I assume that the normal coffee order was for him.

The red eye coffee with no sugars was probably for my boss, Hugo, and the order sounded horrendous but I wasn't gonna judge his weird taste buds that loved bitter stuff.

I just got the coffees on my way to the loft, getting myself my usual peppermint tea before I made my way to the address after putting it on my phones maps to get me there.

And when I did get to the loft building, I almost choked.

I guess I had to get used to seeing this lifestyle with my own eyes now, this was who i'd be working for, the rich playboy Formula 1 racer.

Great. Fun. Exciting.

I sigh softly to myself as I get down into the under cover parking, checking the time to see that it was 5 minutes to 9am, meaning I was right on time.

As soon as I parked in a non residents spot i'd got out the car with the coffee cups in the brown take away cup holder that could hold four, but was currently only holding three steaming cups.

I'd closed my car door, locked it with one hand between balancing my phone in hand as I walk to the tinted doors ahead of me.

But, as soon as I go to open it, someone opens it on the other side, and they're quicker, and stronger, because it quite literally hits into me and I drop the brown holder causing a soft gasp to leave my mouth.

It all happened so quick.

Walking, hand on door, door opens but I'm not opening it, coffee on me, coffee on floor.

I stare at it on the floor before I look up to the person who dropped it all on me, my head having to tilt back quite a bit and I feel my blood boil almost like my body burns beneath my clothing.

A ringing starts to arise in my ears. And I think my eye twitches.

"What the hell!" I shriek before I can stop myself, hot fucking coffee dripping down my body but I was much too stunned to actually register it all.

"What the hell what? This is your fault, you were on the wrong side." The guy says back, pointing to the other side and I look to the other side, seeing as people walk in through another door and I almost slap myself for not realizing.

Fuck.

But- but he was so damn rude! For no reason too. It was obvious I wasn't a usual around here.

"Shit." I say softly.

"Yeah, shit indeed." He says dryly, scoffing as he moves around me, not bothering to help me with the coffee cups that had fallen when he opened that door on me.

He just walks away without a care in the world and I stand there, blatantly gawking at the handsome strangers back.

What... the fuck?

I shake my head, already much too late to care about another rich asshole who didn't even have the decency to help the woman he spilled coffee all over.

I just picked up the three empty cups, getting inside and throwing it all away in a metal trashcan nearby because I didn't have time to think of a better idea.

I then turned back and jogged over to my car, getting the jacket I kept in my backseat, just in case, and I thanked my ass for being an over thinker because for once, it came in handy. 

I put it on and zipped it all the way up to my neck, and then closed the door of the car before I made my way in, ignoring how beautiful this place was.

Right now all I cared about was meeting my boss, leaving and going home to shower because I was sticky and warm and a little too annoyed.

I sigh softly.

Here we go again.