Making Friends Already

I groaned hearing the alarm sound off. The others trudged out of bed as I stayed there not wanting to get up. I laid in bed watching the others slowly get up.

"Come on! Wake up buddy!" Squid said pushing on Magnet. He slowly got up and slowly got ready. Squid turned to me smiling.
"Wakey wakey, Red!" I glared at him pulling my blanket over my head.
"Told ya you should have gone to bed when I told you." Zigzag taunted. I groaned again, curling into a ball under the thin blanket. It was suddenly pulled off of me, I looked seeing Zigzag and Squid leaning over me. I groaned childishly and finally sat up while rubbing my eyes.
"Fine I'm up." I pouted, getting up as they walked off to get their things. I grabbed mine, going back to my cot getting dressed groggily before waiting off to the side waiting for the last few to finish.
"Come on guys." X-Ray said leading us out of the tent to get our morning things. I walked behind Magnet, Zigzag behind me this time.
"Wakey wakey, grab a shovel, grab a tortilla and let's go!" Mr Sir yelled out. Pendanski standing off to the side sipping from his mug contently.
"Man, can't we get some coffee too?!" I yelled out to him. Some of the other laughed or groaned.
"No can do. Staff only, Lillian." I rolled my head and walked up grabbing a shovel walking off to grab a tortilla too.
"Hey, Red! I got you something." I looked over at Magnet seeing him holding out something for me. I grabbed the things from his hands, seeing a pair of gloves.
"I can't take your gloves." I shake my head, trying to give them back.
"Nah girl, I got another pair." He smiled friendly.
"Do you really??" He nodded asurringly and nodded for me to follow him along with the others as we started making our way to dig for the day.

"Thanks Magnet."

    We dug for a while, me closest to X-Ray and Zigzag. I sighed out taking a water brake. I looked around, seeing that the other's were keeping a good pace besides Stanley. Zero had hopped out of his hole, walking back to camp already.
"Damn that kid's quick." I mumbled.
"Yeah, no kiddin'." X-Ray shot out, taking a water break too now.
"I'm tellin ya, he eats the damn dirt!" Squid yelled from his hole, how big is shoveling to the dirt in declaration. 
"Where's a person go to the bathroom around here?" Stanley asked suddenly.
"Man, pick a hole, any hole." Stanley nodded his thanks to Magnet and ran off.
"Kid's embarrassing, man." I smiled at them, feeling bad for them picking on the kid so much.
"Oh, lighten up on the kid, guys." I joked as a few laughed.
"Sorry, Red. But as his mentor, I cannot until he has proven himself worthy." Armpit laughed out. We laughed at his joke.
"When did I pass my test?" I questioned with a raised brow.
"Man, I don't know. Maybe when you tackled Magnet in his hole." He shrugged not able to recall when exactly.
"That's not funny. Girl tackles like a football player, man." We laughed once more before returning back to digging.

     I made it back with a few of the others and went to the rec room. There were a few boys there already from other cabins but not many. Guessing they hadn't finished their holes yet. The others went to an empty foosball table and started playing while I stood there standing cross armed watching the match.
"Yo, you guys ain't winning this time." Armpit joked as he and X-Ray were on one side and Squid and Zigzag were on another. They taunted back and forth a bit before I noticed Magnet walk in, finally done with his hole. Another few campers following in behind him as well.
"Ay, look who's done." Squid joked, Magnet gave him a slight shove walking beside him and stopped to watch the match.
"Hey, looks like you made some friends. Ya know, my offer still stands if you wanna make some more." I heard behind me. I turned around seeing the guy from the other day standing there smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him, hearing some of the guys behind me stop their game.
"Ooo, boys in trouble now."
"Ay, thought you weren't interested any more, dawg?" I turned back to look at the guys, not knowing what they meant. They all looked at the boy, but Zigzag seemed to glare at the kid intently.
"Oh, come on, you gonna let them make all your choices?" The boy behind me challenged. I turned back around and glared at him.
"They don't make my choices. If I don't wanna hang out with you then I won't hang out with you. Simple as that." I feel someone move behind me, but don't look back this time seeing the kid stare behind me. His face a mixture of fear and anger before turning around and walking off with a huff. What? I turned back, seeing the guys quickly get back to their games, and looked at Magnet who wasn't playing the game stand there innocently watching the game. He eyed me, before sending a innocent smile to me and returned to the game. I looked at each of them, none of them looking at me just playing their game.
"What was that about?" I tried, just getting shrugs and little 'I don't knows.' I huffed out annoyed and crossed my arms once again. That was weird.. The boys were soon finished their game before stretching and looked around seeing the t.v area was free. They start walking off towards the area, noticing Magnet in the back of the group. I pulled him back and leaned closer.
"So you gonna tell me what was happening behind my back?" I asked him quickly. He shook his head, shrugging.
"I don't know what you talkin' 'bout, Red." He sounded totally unconvincing and walked further ahead of me. I threw my hands up in defeat and followed behind. X-Ray sat on the lounge chair as most of the others lined up on the couch, I dropped to the floor, leaning against the couch between Squid and Zigzag.
"Hey, you can sit on the couch if you want, Red. I don't mind moving." I looked back at Squid with a hum, before shaking my head.