October - Ch. 26

October arrived in the next 2 weeks, surprisingly quick. No one was able to find out what had happened with Ron and Lavender, both disappearing from the school. Parvati and Neville were now permanently replacing them and had gotten their final badges.

Saturday came around, a cold breeze coming with it. That morning, Hermione woke up to pecking on her window. She tried to ignore it as she turned her back to the window, but it only seemed to get louder. With a small Groan, she glanced over at the window. She recognized the owl, it was Blaise's. Hermione got up  and walked over. She opened the window a bit and immediately regretted not putting on a robe. She quickly took the letter from the owl before it flew away and she locked the window as she put a warming spell on. She sat on her bed as she opened the letter.

We're at Hogsmead, catch up with us there. We'll be at Honeydukes for a bit. If you don't find us there, come to the three broomsticks. You have to come.

Blaise

Hermione sighed, glancing over at her clock. It was 11 in the morning. Running a hand through her hair, she got up again and went to the bathroom.

She was about to turn the doorknob but found it locked. She stared at the door in confusion, was Malfoy not with them?

Hermione knocked, waiting for a response. "What?"She heard a snarl. She rolled her eyes. "I need the loo"She told. She didn't hear a response but the door opened. She looked over and saw Draco at the sink, brushing his teeth. "Well"He snapped, gesturing to the Loo.

"Are you daft? I'm not going while you're here!"She snapped. "Granger, we have to be in Hogsmead soon, we don't have time to waste"He told. "Get out"She demanded, glaring at him. Draco rolled his eyes, washing out his mouth before stepping out.

Hermione was about to go in before he stopped her. "You aren't allowed to leave without me"Draco said. "Malfoy, It's been weeks, I'm not going to get attacked"Hermione rolled her eyes, pushing past him. "Your mother seems to think otherwise, now say you won't leave"He told. "Alright alright, I won't leave"She said, putting her hands up in surrender. He seemed to doubt her but she closed the door before he could say anything.

Hermione left the bathroom and went to her room. She went through her dresser and pulled a plain black t-shirt out, along with a brown skirt.

She was sitting at the edge of her bed, putting on her shoes when she heard a knock on her door. "I'm getting my wand, and I'll be out!"She called. Walking over to her desk, she picked up her wand as she heard her door open. "Can't you only wait a second Malfoy?"Hermione rolled her eyes as she put a warming charm around her before she pocketed her wand.

He ignored her remark as he leaned against the doorframe, waiting for her. She walked past him, closing the door after he stepped away. They walked out of the dorm silently, Hermione glancing over at him every couple minutes. He seemed uncomfortable. He had seemed uncomfortable for the past few days. She shrugged it off, forgetting about it for now.

They walked through the corridors, neither uttering a word. They made it to the doors of Hogwarts, and down to Hogsmeade. The silence was now becoming more and more awkward, she couldn't handle it. "Are you alright Malfoy?"Hermione questioned as she stopped walking. "Just hurry up"He mumbled, continuing to walk down the side of the road. She scoffed, what was wrong with him?

They entered Honeydukes and found the others instantly, all spread out in the store. Hermione stepped away from Draco, walking over to Pansy who putting bags of candy in her basket. "Look who's here" She smirked over her shoulder. Hermione rolled her eyes, picking up a chocolate frog. "Is there a reason you had to wake me with a letter?" Hermione questioned. "I didn't send the letter"Pansy scoffed.