Prologue

Copyright © 2019, 2021, 2022 by Joanna White

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or used in any manner without written permission of the copyright owner except for the use of quotations in a book review. For more information, address: .

Cover design by Anne Hudson.

Third Edition, 2022 by Joanna White.

Previously published by Ambassador International in 2019. 

ONCE YOU TURN this page, you have no choice. You could be taken...you could be the next one to be thrown in Zagerah. Once you go in, chances are, you will never come out. If you're lucky, you'll win and have potential— potential to be a fighter, to become one of their assassins...one of the Hunters.

Either way, your fate is not up to you. If you want to take the easy way out, fine, don't turn the page. People need to know what's really going on; people need to find a way to stop the Aretul from creating new Hunters.

This is an impossible task. The Hunters are unstoppable. The only ones who can defeat them are, in fact, themselves. They're all bonded... together. The only way you could win your freedom is to outsmart them. If you can.

Godspeed.