Lies

-Gaston-

Gaston was happy when he made it out of the Beast Kings forest, he was overjoyed when he learned that his plans were furthered by what could only be described as divine intervention, he was ecstatic when the Lord of the town ate up every word he said and swore to consign him a few dozen men, but there were no words to explain the way he felt when he saw the the woman he was supposed to have "saved."

He only recognized her because she arrived on the arm of her father adorned in the bright yellow dress that Lord MonteVerde had given to the man after he complained that his daughter had nothing to wear to such an event. Gaston had thought poorly of the beggar at the time, but coming face to face with his daughter in a quality yellow silk, he now saw it was worth his begging.

"Prince Gaston, allow me to officially introduce you to my daughter, Belle."

Belle turned her eyes in his direction and bowed shortly. It was an ugly short sort of bow. It couldn't be helped Gaston supposed. How was she supposed to learn how to bow properly in her condition?

"It's a pleasure your grace." 

Gaston took her hand and pressed it to his heart, "My dearest Belle, I cannot begin to describe the raptures of my heart when I realized that you had made it home safely. My heart hurts for the horrors you must have experienced at his hand and I am glad I could play a hand in aiding your escape from that monster."

Gaston watched has her face showed her confusion and in that moment Gaston knew he'd have to do a little damage control.

"-but" she started, but Gaston hushed her before she got too far. If she started talking right now it would ruin a lot of things for him.

"I was wondering Belle, if you would do me the greatest honor and allow me to accompany you for your first dance?" He asked.

She stuttered out a yes and he wasted no time in turning to Lord MonteVerde

"My Lord, now that the Belle of the ball has arrived, might I have the honor of starting the dance portion of the night?"

Lord Monteverde clapped his hands together, "Of course! It would be a pleasure for you to start the night's proceedings!" 

The little man walked away, and Gaston turned to Belle's father Maurice. 

"Will you excuse us both?" Gaston asked and her father nodded.  He hadn't been able to stifle his wide grin since he walked in. Her father placed Belle's hand in his and then took a step back.

"Follow me." Gaston said before pulling a semi-reluctant woman onto the dance floor. 

The dance floor arranged itself in paired off couples and the instrumentalists began picking up their instruments.

"Prince Gaston, I have a confession. If you truly has saved some maiden from the King Beasts forest it was not me. I have escaped through... other means."

She said dying out at the end. Gaston narrowed his eyes. She held the faintest blush and held him sternly at a distance. If another man had saved her and arrived in the city, everything he had worked for would be gone.

"What other means could have brought about this miracle? Of course you were rescued by me. I assure you that it was me that delivered a fatal wound to the chest of the beast that allowed you to escape!"

She frowned and held him at a distance. "No one came for me, your majesty. I didn't need rescued after all."  Her voice was cold and severe.

Everyhing was about image for Gaston. The way she held him would not convince anyone that they were joyfully reunited, so he pushed himself closer despite her struggling.