After work

Another established relationship for you all because I am very benevolent

Art by azroazizah on tumblr!

-------------

Maka sat on the couch, hopelessly waiting for her weapon. She hates it when he goes on long days of work because of deathscythe duties and leaves her doing nothing, feeling lonely, and useless. Maka longs for his reassuring touch, his playful smirk, and she sure as hell wasn't afraid to admit it. She's touchy, just how he likes her.

Suddenly, a jingling of keys, and then the door opening. "Soul!" She gets up and practically races to the tall figure standing at the door, effectively being able to make him drop his keys and pull him into a huge bear hug (even if she was too small to give one). Is she being unnecessary clingy? Whatever.

"I missed you, you know? You deserve a Maka chop for making me wait so long." She grumbles, to which Soul replies with, "Yeah, yeah, me too."

His brows are creased, (much more than usual) and she notices. She notices everything about him after all, "Rough day?"

"Tell me 'bout it. Other countries don't want DWMA outlets because apparently weapons are 'dangerous'" He does air quotes with his fingers, "They gave me a whole lot of shit, and I had to deal with them for the whole day."

"You're not dangerous. How can someone so sweet and cute be dangerous?" She grins, always the cheeky one.

"'M not cute. I'm the last deathscythe." He huffs sheepishly.

"And also a huge teddy bear who loves cuddles."

"You act as if you're not one either."

She giggles, "Come eat dinner. Food will always make you feel better." She gestures to pasta on the table, it's not takeout for sure. She made it just for him, and he thinks she's too adorable for her own good.

"Thanks. The second best thing after a bad day is some good food."

"And the first is?"

"Cuddles with your girlfriend."

Maka's face pinks adorably, he thinks it's easy to make her fumble, and he enjoys it oh so much.

"Just.. start eating."

"Heh."