Mercury the Never.

The next couple of weeks went by in a flash with nothing more eventful than the daffodils starting to come into bloom. Van came to get Gabriel and I late in the morning then she withered us to the sight of the first battle. It felt different to the last time I had been there, like stepping into a grave yard of disturbed souls.

The Field was full of all black and Wight witches who had lost people an unusual sight even nowadays with everyone leaving each other alone, Celia would later inform me. After about quarter of the longest hour I had ever felt the gathering of sound around us came to an abrupt stop, with Van and some priest I had never seen before holding up their hands. 

Then the priest started talking about how greatly Marcus had served the rebellion and the great he had done in his past, not ever even passing over what had happened before then. This made his heart race fast.

Little did he know how much he had been shaking till Gabriel squeezed his hand and whispered in his ear if he was ok. To this he nodded and gulped a fresh breath of air, which didn't do much help because a few minutes later his head started to spin and his stomach was aching too. It was like the world was slowly spinning out of control in front of him and all he could do was stand and watch from his small enclosed spot of grass. Alone but still surrounded by people he loved, this was not a new feeling but only one he finally knew the meaning of.

The funeral moved on silently before him passing over his eyes like a veil of thin silk. Names danced around his ears one after another, Rose, Cora and many others, still he did not seem to notice or they just didn't peek any emotion other than gilt these days. He was here to see his father so therefore he wouldn't let himself feel any emotion for anyone else, at least he had promised himself that earlier, it was turning out to be harder than he had thought.