CHAPTER 3

I stared at myself in the mirror for the longest time, I couldn't decide whether to wear or not to wear the items Dr. Raymond sent to me, I wasn't comfortable in it, it was a lovely outfit but definitely not my style.
After searching my closet for about thirty minutes and finding nothing to wear that will be appropriate for the occasion, I decided to stick with Dr. Raymond dress. I picked up my bag, my wrist watch and lastly my hair clip, all of which were equipped, I needed to go in there prepared, just in case. My hair clip had a mini-camera attached to it but of course you wouldn't know, the wrist watch I had on was to pick up sounds and also to communicate with the others, I'll be able to speak through the wrist watch and then they'll reply by sending a coded message and lastly my bag, well I just loved the color and I believed that the chain handle could come in handy, if there be need for violence.
The moment I stepped out of my door, I found all of my crew members standing and waiting. Their expression at the sight of me, made me shy, I couldn't help it but to blush. They looked overwhelmed, this was the first time any of them had seen me dressed like this, this was even my first time seeing me dress the way I did. They all complimented me while Nelson just stood there, his back leaned against the wall, like he was waiting for all of them to leave and they did eventually, to their duty post, we found a safe spot close to the venue of the ball, so they drove there with a well equipped van, it had computers and whatever they needed. They had to be close in order to receive better signals and just in case something went wrong and Nelson and I needed help.

"The sight of this dress could make me rip it off you" Nelson lowered his lips and whispered very closely into my ears seductively.

"Then all my effort for putting it on and looking this good will be a waste, don't you think" I smiled and shifted backwards, because I knew if I stood closely to him for another second, I'd definitely fall into his trap.

"Hmm" he sighed. "well we better get going before I lose myself"

I nodded and began to move infront of him, then taking me unaware he pulled me back.

"f**k Paige, how do you make me feel all these emotions." He said before lowering his lips to mine and planting a very light and quick kiss on my lips, leaving me wanting for more, then he walked away without waiting for a reaction from me.

We both sat in silence as he drove to the ball, I waited for him to say something but he hadn't even looked at me since he kissed me. I wanted to say something but at this point my words section of my brain was completely blank. This was exactly the kind of drama I wasn't ready for, first he kissed me and just like that he went mute on me.

The party was definitely not my kind of gathering, everyone there looked really posh and swanky. I could Identify a few ministers and senators amongst the crowd. Nelson blended in quite well, we tried to mingle, so we could find Dr. Raymond, we moved from one corner to another, having brief conversations with the others, I too tried my best to fit in and well I was doing a pretty good job at it.

"Can i borrow your lady and share a dance with her" An unfamiliar voice said from behind us, Nelson and I turned at once, finally the distinguish host decided to show himself.

"I'd love that." I replied, not giving Nelson a chance to do so himself.

"Don't you look lovely" Dr. Raymond complimented as we danced.

I was so glad I took a few dancing lessons from Nick or else by now I would've been stepping on his toes.

"Well it's all you, you have a really good taste, when it comes to fashion" I smiled.

"As much as I'd love to take the credit, my son is the actual fashionist, he even does my shopping too" he replied proudly.

"To what do I owe the honors, your excellency" I asked anxiously.

"I'm no excellency" he chuckled, then he stopped dancing. "Have fun when the party is over you'll find out"

"I won't be staying till the party is over" I said firmly. "so if there's something you want to say to me, its better you say it now."

"Strong willed, I was told you were.Very well, without any waste of time let's go into my study" he said, with a mischievous smile.

"I'll like to go with my escort" I said as Nelson drew closer to me.

I could sense a hint of anger, when I called him my escort, but that was all he was and I already made that very clear to him.

"If that will make you at ease, then why not"

The stylish Dr. Raymond lead the way while Nelson and I followed. I couldn't help but to notice how young and good looking Dr. Raymond looked. He's a man in his late fifties but yet he looked so young, well dressed and well-built. I bet he would have made it the modeling industry, if he only went into it, went he was younger.

We entered a large room, too large to be study but yet it was, it looked more like a library. There was a long table in it, Dr. Raymond sat on the extreme end, he requested that we sat beside him. We just sat there in silence, I was becoming really impatient. After a while a tall, well-built, dark skinned handsome young man walked in, holding a chess board in his hand. He dropped it on the table infront of me then took a seat facing me.

"I hope you like chess" Dr. Raymond asked.

After keeping us here for all these time, he wanted me to play a game, the man was definitely insane.

"Seriously?, no disrespect sir but if you've got nothing important to say to me then I must leave" I complained.

"Patience dear, you're about to find out, just play the game first" he responded calmly.

I could feel Nelson squeeze my hand under the table, then he smiled and nodded at me, for some unknown reason his touch made me relax at once.

"Alright let's play" I said to the guy infront of me, he hadn't said a word since he got in, plus he seemed really displeased.
He looked at Dr. Raymond and nodded at him, Dr. Raymond reciprocated, then he focused his attention back at me, then made his first move.

ADDITIONAL PART
32 HOURS AGO

DR RAYMOND
I was so certain that this was the perfect crew do what I wanted. They were the best at what they did and I had something of theirs, which will make them easily comply but my son Junior didn't seem to like the idea right from the start, because of his own selfish reasons.

"Dad, I can handle this for you, I've always handled every thing for you" Junior complained.

"I know son but this is different" I tried to convince him.

"What makes it different dad, you disrespect me dad, you see them capable of handling it but not me, when will I ever be good enough for you."

"It's too much of a risk, the way you and your crew handle things is always too noisy but them, they do it quietly, without leaving any trace behind, just look at how they broke that woman out from jail, till today the police can't explain it, that's the type of job I want done"

"They're just a bunch of illiterates, with no education, they forged their way into school, dad" Junior tried to give me reasons to why they shouldn't be the ones to do it.

"And yet no one is aware of that, just us" I argued his statement. "son do you know how long it took for us to even know anything about these people, too long but all thanks to you, we found them out. We still can't even prove anything because they always do a clean job."

"I still don't think it's a good idea to put something so valuable to our family in the hands of amateurs."

"Here's what will happen son, I want you to compete with their leader, Paige, in the game of chess during the ball and if you win it shows that you're smarter and  perfect for the job" I elaborated.

"The toughest level, you'll see dad, I'll make you proud" he nodded then departed from my office.

Jeez, what's up with this old dude, what's all the suspense about, he should just go ahead already and tell Paige, what he wants. Oh well, let's just keep moving forward and don't forget the drill guys.