One Hundred Hours // Part 1

Prompt: mutual pining; bibo girl x sof boi + Bangin by Paul Pablo
Characters: AU Song Joongki and Im Jinah (NANA)

In which Joongki is a timid college student-slash-outreach volunteer who has a crush on Jinah, the prettiest and most popular cheerleader on campus.

Ako'y mahuhulog na
Mahuhulog na nang tuluyan
Sasaluhin mo ba?
Hindi ko na kasi mapigilan

* * * * *

JOONGKI

This raffle is rigged.
No, seriously. This isn't real life.
Or is it?

"Song Joongki-ssi?"

Joongki felt several pairs of hands shove him forward, making him feel like a helpless animal that's been kicked out of his pack. Looking nervously over his shoulder, he saw his friends make various "fighting!" gestures which, on a regular day, normally gave him an extra boost of confidence.

This was not a regular day.

He should have never told them about his crush on—

"Hi. You're Song Joongki, right?"

—Im Jinah...only the most beautiful, perfect girl ever to grace this campus this world with those beautiful, sparkling eyes and bright, playful laughter, who would never ever look his way possibly even if his hair caught fire, was talking. to. him.

It was quite possible he was having a fever dream.

Joongki cleared his throat and mumbled "Yes" in reply while flashing her the most non-constipated smile he could manage. Heat crept up his skin so quickly, he instinctively reached for his ear in a weak attempt to conceal how crimson it turned when he was flustered.

Around them, other students were finding their partners and introducing themselves to each other. The teacher-in-charge made an announcement about boarding the bus in fifteen minutes. Joongki heard the rustle of bags and other things being carried out of the room, a whole symphony of voices and footsteps fading in the background.

"Shall...shall we go?"

Still mesmerized by the most dazzling smile he has ever seen, Joongki belatedly realized Jinah had wrapped her long, dainty fingers around his wrist and tugged.

"I've never really done anything like this before, so I hope you'll be patient with me," Jinah told him as the bus rolled out of the campus' driveway. "My friends who have been volunteering for a while told me you'd be the best partner for outreach activities like this, so I'm really happy I got you."