Thirty-Five

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Who has the Arkenstone?

●○●○●

"Uncle", I breathed out, catching up to Bilbo and Balin and Dwalin passed me in the hallway exchanging glances before I slowly began to walk side by side with my Uncle. "Do you?", I paused looking around, to check if anyone was in ears reach. "Do you have, the Arkenstone?", I questioned in a whisper looking at him.

"Allisa,", he breathed out looking to me in all seriousness. "If someone, had it,", he paused. "Or, if-if it were found,", he shifted his stance slightly, taking a step closer to me. "It would only make him sicker.", he stated as I pushed a strand of hair back behind my ear.

"Uncle.", I paused. "I didn't ask what would happen to Thorin.", I inhaled. "I asked is you had it.", I questioned as he looked to me with a but expression, shifting his weight.

"No, I don't have it. I would have told you already if I had it", he stated looking directly into my eyes, I nodded my head not really believing a word he just told me. I knew what he was telling me might have been true, although something in the back of my mind told me otherwise.

*A few moments later.*

I sat there, underneath a few broken pillars, looking onto the vast halls of Erebor, not believing that a small stone meant so much. I then looked down to my hands, seeing the scrapes, the bruises, and the dry blood still printed on my body, I had to get it off some way or another. I walked down the halls, trying to find a bathroom somewhere or a puddle or pond, when I came across a small puddle with clean water.

I still had that spare dress I had taken back in Riverdale so I went into an empty room and got changed, trying my hair back again so my neck could breath, before going back to my post and looking out into the empty fields ahead of me.

I held in a breath, envisioning the pale lifeless bodies, the fire surrounding innocent children, as they screamed in horror the dwellings blazing bright. The screams echoed in my mind, my thoughts gone, completely distracted from the horror I had faced. My mind was then taken over by the thought of my parents, getting slaughtered by Azog, their features and armour vanishing into thin air within minutes.

"Allisa?", I heard a voice come from behind me, catching me off guard as I stood to my feet instantly, thinking it was some type of intruder. But then if they were an intruder then they wouldn't know my name. I looked up noticing it was Kili, watching him step closer in concern. "Are you alright?", he asked as I just stared at him trying to hold in the burning tears that had been dying to leave for a good long while.

I exhaled a deep breath, my eyes glistening from the hot moist tears readying to spill, I slowly shook my head looking down, only seeing the head horrifying burnt bodies every single time I close my eyes even it's just for a single second. I began to cry quietly, letting the tears fall from my eyes, my brows furrowed, my lip quivering. "Allisa," Kili breathed out stepping closer to me before wrapping his arms around my figure, as I buried my face into his neck. There was a little height difference since I was an elf, so I had to sort of bend down a little.

"It's okay", he breathed out holding me closer before he began brushing his fingers through my hair. "It's been a rough few days lately," he exhaled a deep sigh as I began to even out my breaths slightly calming down.

"The things I've seen, Kili", I paused. "The children", I held in the tears. "Innocent children, dead, infants being burnt alive, the screaming and the crying of help when I couldn't save them. I could do anything to save them", I broke the embrace taking a step back and looking at Kili. "Thorin,", I breathed out shaking my head. "He's not himself.", I sighed. "The Mountain", I paused slightly. "It's cursed; this place has made him act... differently."

"I understand", he furrowed his eyebrows. "The things you have observed. The horrors you've seen is something no one should never have to endure", he stated as I sighed heavily, wiping away my tears before my mind began to race into different directions. The moment Kili and I shared back in lake-town continued to race between my thought.

"Kili", I breathed out looking down to my hands stepping closer to Kili. "I-I want to tell you something", I sighed looking up into his eyes our gazed interlocking. "I-I uhm. I lo-"

"Bother", Fili came running over to us as we both turned to face him. "Thorin wants everyone at the front gate", he sighed taking a breath in as we all exchanged uneasy glances Kili, and I followed Fili to the entrance of Erebor.