General Liu

The groom came on a white horse to pick up the bride. Seeing the phoenix carriage the welcoming team straighten their backs and was wary of any mistakes. The wedding had to be perfect!

The whole fief was festive, so you could tell someone important was going to get married. When the bride came out the onlookers were left shocked, even the groom almost fell off his horse. Some people felt memorized but some were just scared, it seemed like Liu Shi Ling was really the Lady in Red in this outfit.

The march to Mo Fenfang Hall proceeded smoothly, the bride, and groom paid homage to their parents, heaven, and themselves there. Marriage in the Jin empire was a little different. In other kingdoms, the bride would have to wait in the bridal chamber for the groom to come and lift up the veil, but in the Jin empire, the lady would take off her veil after paying homage and would join the banquet to celebrate her successful marriage with the groom.

So everybody was in the backyard waiting for the groom and bride to enter, but all of them were surprised to see the Empress walking in with Gulun gongzhuHeshuo qinwang, the Crown Prince, Heshuo gongzhu, the Grand Princess, Imperial Wife Yan, and the Empress Dowager.

They hurriedly kneeled to greet the imperial family but the empress halted them and made way for the second-highest seat. She sat and then sat her children.

"The bride and the groom are entering!" A servant boy announced.

The people cheered as they threw wine and flowers at the bride and groom's head, a long-standing tradition of the Jin empire. The couple laughed and also cheered and laughed, so far the wedding was going smoothly.

"I greet your majesty the empress." A beautifully dressed girl greeted the empress as she curtsied.

"I greet your majesty the empress, may your majesty live for ten thousand years and ten thousand more." A delicate girl next to the beautifully dressed girl greeted as she kneeled.

"You may rise. Liu Fang Juan, it seems like you still need to learn some manners about how to greet the imperial family, especially the empress. Just because your entering the palace next month doesn't mean you can disrespect me, the mother of the nation." The empress sharply remarked as he glances at the girl coldly. The girl, Liu Fang Juan seemed frightened and hurriedly tried to speak but was interrupted by the empress.

"Lui Xie Xiaoling, my father was right to name you like that, you are indeed a little jade. I heard you're getting married in four months?" The empress to the delicate girl, Liu Xie Xiaoling gently.

"Yes, your majesty." Liu Xie Xiaoling responded politely as her face slowly dyed red.

"Our Xiaoling is all grown up now hmm? Tell this empress who's the lucky groom." The empress said with a teasing voice, but everybody around tensed, especially the Sun family. 

Everyone in the empire knew how strained the relationship between General Liu and the Right Prime Minister was. They all knew how he turned a blind eye to his eldest son's suffering to please his second wife. The main wife wasn't dead but her backing was, causing her life to be in constant danger in the mansion, and soon she fell ill.

In these hard and painful moments only one unfavored concubine reached out to help and because of that she almost lost her son. When the Yuan war broke out, they sent the eldest son Liu Liang Hu to fight without hesitation. Maybe that last act froze his heart and asked for separation, and left with his mother. The second wife was ecstatic while the Concubine, Guo Cheng Shu was heartbroken, worried about the survival of the child and the mother.

That act of separation came to bite them back when the eldest son married the heir of the left prime minister, if that wasn't enough he came back from the war triumphantly, to add to that he became the emperor's right-hand man and ascended the highest title a general could possibly have.

Despite all the glory, he never forgot the act of kindness of Concubine Guo. The very next and after his return he went to the Right Prime Minister's house and showered Conubine Guo with gifts, and paid the fee for Concubine Guo's son. That was the only half-sibling he recognized. 

Four years later when his half-brother, Liu Fu Shanyuan's wife, Xu Peng Daiyu gave birth, he personally came over and name her and nominated himself as her godfather. Though Concubine Guo couldn't leave the right Prime Minister's mansion, she was even more respected than the second wife herself there. This was all due to her acts of kindness toward the mother and son.

Liu Xie Xioling was the goddaughter of General Liu and was also doted upon by the General and his family. So the empress saying these casual words were more like a warning to the Sun family. At this time everybody looked at the Sun family's second son, Sun Lin Tian, The fiance of Liu Xie Xiaoling who was seating in his seat with a red face. They weren't that worried though because who didn't know how much this second son loved Liu Xie Xiaoling?

Liu Xie Xiaoling responded to the empress as she blushed profusely. She knew that the empress was only looking out for her. She was also very content to see the empress back to his normal self, god knows how much she kneeled and prayed for the empress to come to her senses, so while talking her eyes were a little red.

"Greetings your majesty." An exquisitely dressed girl came over and greeted the empress politely but the arrogance and her tone couldn't be hidden.

"Oh great another one." The empress said as he rolled his eyes, surprising the people around him.

"Your majesty." Li Dani said subtly reminding him that he was in public.

"Zhong Wei Ju, Liu Fang Juan, it seems like you are very confused so this empress will be benevolent and will clarify it for you. You entering the Imperial Palace does not mean you get to disrespect me, the empress. One of you will be entering as a Noble Lady and the other a Hereditary Consort. The fancy names don't change the fact that you are in a lower position than me, and will always be. Since both of you are entering the palace, I as the empress will be in charge of your etiquette, and it seems like you both are very lacking. After the banquet, you will  go back and read The Virtues Of A Wife, and write it fifty times, you shall bring me the scriptures when you're entering the palace." The empress said with a gentle smile as he made Li Dani write down the punishments.

Gulun gongzhu: First rank Princess (Ruan Li)

Heshuo qinwang: First rank Prince (Tao Binwei)

Heshuo gongzhu: Second rank Princess (Imperial Wife Yan's daughter)

Hello lovelies! Here is an update!

Question of the day.

iPhone or Samsung?