Chapter 30

Jungkook looked around the mess of a house he'd been couped up in for more than a week now, and sighed. He did eventually go ahead with his plan to relieve Maria of her job, although the lady was adamant about leaving, but Jungkook was rather stern and persistent. Maria eventually did gather her belongings, and exited the Jeon mansion where she had served all her life.

Walking towards his bedroom, Jungkook swayed towards one of the cupboards beside the large bed and pulled it open, in turn taking out a small key from it. Jungkook stared at the key in his hand for a long time, a time quite enough for all the memories the key held to come flooding into his mind, making tears trickle down the sides of his face.

He wiped his eyes rather quickly, and headed right out of his bedroom. Walking towards a door at the farther end of the hallway, he froze a little, contemplating if he should creak the door open or allow it remain still, if possible, allow it crumble with all the secrets he kept locked in there.

Deciding against it, Jungkook pressed the key to the keyhole and clicked the door open with one turn of the key. He exhaled, one which went on forever before jiggling the door knob and pushing the door open, where he is immediately ushered into the room, which held the deepest secrets he has ever had to live with all the days of his life.

Jungkook coughed a little, apparently it's been a while he actually opened up this room to fresh air.
**********

When Taehyung's doorbell kept blaring non stop, he was forced to creak his eyes open, stirring as gently as possible so not to awaken his sleeping daughter. One who had placed to sleep beside him on the bed the previous night, despite all of Hoseok's warnings to always leave her in her crib. But Hoseok wasn't present the previous night, and he was compelled to lay his fussy daughter on his chest until they fell asleep together.

Groaning and cursing underneath his breath, he made his way out of his bedroom. Swearing to give whoever was at the other side of the door an earful, because he was awoken earlier than he'd actually like to be up.

He gripped the door handle, ready to yell at whoever it was, but when the face of the other man came into view, Taehyung's words melted into goo on his tongue, His eyes bulged wide open, with his jaws hanging on for dear life.

"Y-you what are you doing here?" He finally manged to speak after what felt like forever. His mind was trying to process a whole lot of things at the same time, and it was beginning to give him an headache. Luckily the other man spoke up to ease the wary tension.

"Where's the baby?"

Taehyung huffed out an offensed breath, accompanied by an eye roll, "are you really serious right now? Jungkook I've had our child for more than a month now, and it's now you miraculously just showed up to check on us? Where on the face of the earth have you been? I called Jungkook, I freaking even stopped by the house on different occasions but you just disappeared somehow"

Jungkook sighed with his eyes closed for a couple of minutes, he had a whole lot to say as well but he was tired, dizzy and generally not just in the mood.

"Tae" he began "can I atleast come in?" He asked, starring expectantly into Taehyung's eyes, "please?"

Taehyung moved aside, creating room for Jungkook to finally step into the living room, before he then closed the door behind them.

"You had better start explaining, because you've done a whole lot of things these past weeks" Taehyung scolded.

Taking his seat on one of the sofas, Jungkook brushed his palms over his thighs, allowing his fingers to grip his knee in the process. He stared up at Taehyung for a brief second, before flashing him an eerie smile.