20 - The Ball

I exited the elevator and was immediately met with Egon and Laura

I exited the elevator and was immediately met with Egon and Laura. Egon wore a black tuxedo with an emerald green bowtie and Laura wore a stunning emerald gown while her hair was put in a low bun with an emerald stone piece right above it. She turned towards me as the elevator opened and smiled. I returned the smile before Egon looked over at me.

"Well, you cleaned up well," I nudged him, making him chuckle.

"You look stunning, Laura," her cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink before she nodded.

"Thank you, Liam." I looked over at Egon who was clearly annoyed about something. "He thinks that men might be drooling over me tonight." I smiled as I looked back at her.

"Protective guy," she smiled before I turned my head towards the entryway. "How are we leaving?"

"Alex and Margo will join us and per Audrey's request, she'll go with you. Dante with his wife and Aldo will be joining you." I nodded as I fixed the collar of my white shirt underneath and straightened the bowtie. "My parents will go with Ri and Guinevere," I tried hard to fight back an eye roll.

"Alright," my shoulder tensed when I felt a hand touch me. I looked down to see Audrey beside me. She had her curled blond hair in a high ponytail and wore an elegant baby-blue, satin gown. Her chest was decorated with a diamond necklace I'd gotten her a year ago for her birthday. I smiled at her before wrapping an arm around her.

"Don't mess up my hair," I smiled with a frown.

"Trying to impress someone?"

"Maybe," she teased and before I could be the protective brother that I was, my mother appeared with my other sister and Dante with Giorgia by his side.

Beatrice bearly dressed up since she didn't attend many formal events and I almost never saw her in anything more formal. She looked beautiful with her hair down and curled in beach waves as she wore a beautiful rose-gold, satin gown with sleeves and a deep v cut. I smiled at her before she returned my smile. She looked shy just like I'd thought she would but she had nothing to worry about. She was perfect.

My mother wore a dark blue, tight-fitting gown with her blond hair curled. "You look beautiful, mom." She smiled before walking over to me and giving me a hug.

"My boy," she said quietly, making me smile. She pulled away before standing on my other side and grabbing my forearm.

"It'll be fine," I heard Aldo say behind me. I turned my head in their direction and gave him an acknowledging nod which he returned. Alex, who wore a black tuxedo, and had Margo by his side, who wore a dark-blue, satin gown with slim straps. Her hair was straightened and pushed back.

"Can we?" I asked before I had to close my eyes from the sound of her laugh.

"This is... wow, look at all of you," she said before she made her way right in front of me. I glanced at her for one second before I looked over at Riella. She wore her signature colour - red. Her gown was strapless with a high slit, showing her left leg off.