Chapter 11

We immediately got dressed up in our uniforms, got our weapons and began chasing after Todd.

He was still shooting around with that gadget and we all were more concerned with trying to avoid his attack, than charge directly at him.

So I decided to take action.

I shot an arrow towards his costume and got him stuck on a tree.

"Good job Kathryn!" Scott said and patted my shoulder.

If I was good at something, that was archery and knives.

Jean took hold of the gizmo.

"Now, what did you do to Kurt?" Scott threatened Todd, ready to shoot him with his visor.

"I didn't do anything to the blue boy! Believe me! I swear, I did nothing! "
Todd cried, tears falling down his cheeks, sobbing loudly.

I shook my head negatively.

"He didn't do it," I announced and everyone looked at me in disbelief.

"How can you tell?" Scott asked, side-eyeing Todd.

"He is a coward! If he was the perpetrator, he would have admitted it to you the moment you pointed that visor at him," I said and pulled my arrow out of the tree and his clothes.

"No, wait!" Scott told me but I didn't listen.

Toad run off.

"Why did you let him go? He could be lying!" Scott said, anger clear in his voice.

"She is right, he didn't do it, " Anne said as she walked up to us and everyone turned to face her.

"I did it"

I crossed my arms and gave Scott an    "I told you so " kind of look, but, at the moment, Anne was the only thing he paid attention to.

-Time Skip- 

Anne explained what happened to us, she heard Kurt teleport to some kind of lab next to our school.

This school is full of surprises.

So, she walked inside to check on him, then she got a hold of the gizmo and by pressing the wrong buttons she accidentally ported Kurt to that other dimension, but she has no idea how Todd had gotten his hands on the machine.

She led us to the lab, it was really dirt, like no one had entered the place in ages.

I could see some left behind metallic parts of something. Lucky guess? Probably computers, or some other kind of machine.

"This is where it happened," Anne said quietly, her voice just above a whisper. I could tell she was feeling guilty.

Anne wasn't a bad person, she just made some bad decisions.

Everyone has done some.

"If you have hurt him, I will-" Scott started shouting, but was cut off by Anne. 

"You start threatening me and you are never gonna find your blue friend," she said defensively.

What the hell is wrong with Scott today? 

"Woah, take it easy cyclops," Jean said calling him by his codename. She placed an arm on his chest, trying to calm him down.

Soon enough Scott relaxed.

While they were having their little moment, Evan and I decided to take a look at the gizmo. He held the gizmo as I examined it.

"Hey guys!" I yelled and they all turned to me.