23- Sam

Sam

I was in the bathroom, freshly out of the shower, and beginning my nightly routine on Tuesday night with my phone propped up so I could talk to Noah. And to say I was surprised was an understatement when I heard Noah speak, "So, I was thinking about it and... I think I want to celebrate or at least do something small for my birthday."

I paused my movements of rubbing my face cream into my skin and looked into my phone. I couldn't see Noah's expression because he had the camera of his phone facing the ceiling while we were on FaceTime. "Oh. Are you sure?" I asked.

"I think so... I don't know. Jude's birthday's on Sunday so we figured we'd celebrate both of ours."

"Hm." Of course Jude was involved, he probably raves about how they needed to party on their birthday. I continued rubbing the cream into my skin until it wasn't noticeable and my face was smooth. "If that's what you want," I said, grabbing my phone to head back into my bedroom.

"But we're keeping it small and I want you to be there... I need you there."

I smiled, "Of course I'll be there. Now can I see you or should I get well acquainted with your ceiling fan because I think I'm getting dizzy," I jested and laid in bed. DJ coming up to me and pressing his paws continuously into my stomach.

Finally Noah appeared on my phone screen with that small, barely smile that he always gives, "Sorry, I'm just in a weird mood."

"Okay, well if you change your mind, you have every right to not celebrate your birthday."

He didn't speak on that, only said, "I just really need you here on Friday."

Wednesday after school was... interesting. "I don't know how I feel," is the first thing Carter said when he barged into my home.

"About?" I was already making us an afternoon snack which consisted of pizza rolls.

"I found out Elliot is on Tinder and it's making me feel... I don't know."

I chuckled, "How'd you find that out?"

"Because I'm on Tinder and his profile popped up. Then I exited the app and now I'm here," Carter explained and hopped up on the counter.

"Okay? What's the problem? You guys aren't exclusive," I said but I was suppressing a grin. I was almost positive Carter was into Elliot more than he was letting on.

"I know, but is it so wrong of me to want his body for myself?"

I turned to him and gave a pointed look, "Yes. If you want his body exclusively, then tell him that."

"No, that involves dating and all the bullshit that follows."

"Not necessarily. You guys don't have to go on dates, and label each other boyfriends, and get him flowers, and stuff. You can still tell him that you want to be exclusive, but then that means that you have to follow threw with that too. You can't be hoe-ing it up with people after telling Elliot you want to be exclusive," I told Carter firmly before the toaster oven dinged and I shuffled out the pizza rolls onto a plate for us to share.

Carter seemed to be digesting my words as he looked thoughtful then he shrugged, "Eh, I probably won't do that," he settled with and popped a pizza roll in his mouth, "Hot! Hot! Hot!" Carter exclaimed and I laughed as I watched to pizza roll fall out of his mouth and into his hand.

(A bit if a spicy scene🥴)

Thursday during school was uneventful, but that night, I had a... fun call with Noah. He wasn't having the best reception so we couldn't FaceTime, but he was in an exceptionally good mood which I loved.